help!

i need the algorithm of a program that when u type a number in characters ie. one, the program gives you the number 1, and vice versa...anyone help? the program shouldn't have limits

Comments

• : i need the algorithm of a program that when u type a number in characters ie. one, the program gives you the number 1, and vice versa...anyone help? the program shouldn't have limits
    :
    To convert charecter number in number (one to 1) is a bit hard to accomplish but I suppose that it won't be hard to do.
    Vice-versa (1 to one) is not very hard (I done something like that). For this mode I could give you some idea and started algorithm.
    First of all, user must enter the number which will be stored in some string variable. Then we must see how many digits it has. Let us for example watch number: 2065813. It must be written like: two million sixty five thousand eight hundred thirteen. What is most important that we seperate three digits in this number starting from right to left like this: 002 065 813. Every of these three pair are speeled by one rule, like: two, sixty-five, eight hundred thirteen. and later we add million and thousand. Also you must keep in mind numbers through 11 to 19, because 15 is not pronunced ten-five. Correctly is fifty. It is best that conversion of three digit blocks is put in one procedure which will be always called for every segment of these blocks.
    Code is not so difficult to write, but only boring thing is that for all for number from 1 to 19 you must write these numbers to strings and also you must do it for every decade numbers (divided by 10) 20,30,40...
    I hope that this give you some idea.