Sounds and graphics.

2»

Comments

• : : Jealous?
    : :
    : No, just recruiting for my open source project... ;-)
    :

Ouch!

Well, you heard the news. Use classes that implement identical interfaces (look at virtual and pure virtual functions) and different OS/GUI code under-the-hood. Take a look at DX7 for sound-card output on Windows.

And to think, this [italic]could[/italic] have been a s'prise xmas present if someone hadn't been nosing around in the closet where it was being hidden.
  • : : : Jealous?
    : : No, just recruiting for my open source project... ;-)
    : Ouch!
    Yes yes, I know you know what a harsh and evil project manager I am...

: Well, you heard the news. Use classes that implement identical
    : interfaces (look at virtual and pure virtual functions) and
    : different OS/GUI code under-the-hood.
    I'm using C rather than C++, which doesn't allow classes as such. However, I had planned a similar scheme, and already have a kind of I/O layer in place that is flexible enough for me to put stuff in that gets conditionally compiled, depending on the OS we're compiling on. Also, the core will never have any GUI code in - though if someone were to develop a cross-platform front end, that'd probably be a good thing.

: Take a look at DX7 for sound-card output on Windows.
    I was trying to decide between the Win32 APIs and DX, and this has helped me decide DX7 will be the way to go. Thanks for the input! :-)

: And to think, this [italic]could[/italic] have been a
    : s'prise xmas present if someone hadn't been nosing around in the
    : closet where it was being hidden.
    I love your reference to the VB board as a closet. Makes we wonder what that makes the Perl board... ;-)

Jonathan

###
    for(74,117,115,116){$::a.=chr};(($_.='qwertyui')&&
    (tr/yuiqwert/her anot/))for($::b);for($::c){$_.=$^X;
    /(p.{2}l)/;$_=$1}$::b=~/(..)$/;print("$::a$::b $::c hack$1.");

• : Yes yes, I know you know what a harsh and evil project manager I am...
    :

It's not you they're afraid of. It's that barbed whip you carry...

: I was trying to decide between the Win32 APIs and DX, and this has helped me decide DX7 will be the way to go. Thanks for the input! :-)
    :

Well I suppose this thread has done you a [italic]little[/italic] good then...

: I love your reference to the VB board as a closet. Makes we wonder what that makes the Perl board... ;-)
    :

A tiny little shoebox in the back of the closet full of 6-leggers and covered in so much dust that no one knows it even exists?