Best Tool/Language for Developing Image Processing Application

Hello:

I was wondering what the best language or tool would be for developing an image processing application for Windows XP. I was going to use JBuilder/Java because I have prior libraries/objects that need to be used, but Java seems to lack sophisticated tools.

I want to be able to access the Windows API, open particular windows when they become active, take a screen shot, and find exact image matches as well as perform some simple OCR.

To elaborate, I have a bunch of images of differing sizes into which I inserted different logos and serial numbers. The logos that were inserted are all exactly the same as the originals in size, color, etc. I want to be able to figure out what logo was inserted into each the image, and read the serial number in the bottom right corner.

Do you know what Tool/Language offers the best tools kits for this kind of application? As mentioned before, it needs to be able to interface with the Windows API as well as with Java objects.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Speed is going to be an issue and the fastest possible way is to use Assembly. But you probably don't want to go there if you are concidering Java. So I'd say C is the next best thing followed by C++ for speed although C++ is very close to C in speed.
    [hr]
    Oh my god
    I can't deny this
    I've been taught just to kill and fight this
    To bury it deeper where nobody can find it
    Like nobody wanted to know
    -- Oh My God - Guns N' Roses

• SephirothSephiroth Fayetteville, NC, USA
    : Speed is going to be an issue and the fastest possible way is to use Assembly. But you probably don't want to go there if you are concidering Java. So I'd say C is the next best thing followed by C++ for speed although C++ is very close to C in speed.
    : [hr]
    : Oh my god
    : I can't deny this
    : I've been taught just to kill and fight this
    : To bury it deeper where nobody can find it
    : Like nobody wanted to know
    : -- Oh My God - Guns N' Roses
    :
    :
    If it's a Windoze app, always look into OpenGL. Fast as heck, gorgeous, and easy to pick up.

-[italic][b][red]S[/red][purple]e[/purple][blue]p[/blue][green]h[/green][red]i[/red][purple]r[/purple][blue]o[/blue][green]t[/green][red]h[/red][/b][/italic]