Graphics Routines in C

I'd like to do some graphics stuff with C, but can't quite figure out how to do simple things like changing screen modes :-S
I can do it in Mess-DOS with the aid of , but what about Linux? I assume pixels can still be plotted by writing into video memory, but there is probably a better way, yes?

Thanks a lot.

Comments

• : I'd like to do some graphics stuff with C, but can't quite figure out how to do simple things like changing screen modes :-S
    : I can do it in Mess-DOS with the aid of , but what about Linux? I assume pixels can still be plotted by writing into video memory, but there is probably a better way, yes?
    :
    : Thanks a lot.
    :

Download the svgalib and install it. You will be able to do graphics programming like putpixel and all those stuff.
  • : : I'd like to do some graphics stuff with C, but can't quite figure out how to do simple things like changing screen modes :-S
    : : I can do it in Mess-DOS with the aid of , but what about Linux? I assume pixels can still be plotted by writing into video memory, but there is probably a better way, yes?
    : :
    : : Thanks a lot.
    : :
    :
    : Download the svgalib and install it. You will be able to do graphics programming like putpixel and all those stuff.
    :

Um, yeah I just found that on Google. Sorry, I'm being forced to use XP and it's interfering with my thinking processes ;)

Sorry about the silly question, everyone.