I am facing problem in providing crytal report database connection string at runtime. I have designed the report with all the fields through a view. In development enviornment my database name is different (i.e Test) and in production enviornment database name is different (i.e Test12).
I have supplied the connection string at runtime before showing the report. It accepts the new Server Name, Uid and password. But don't accept the new database name. It gives error "Unable to open rowset".
What i have found is that at design time it is using the complete qualified name of the fields (i.e Test.view1.field1) and when at runtime
database name got changed it didn't work. When i change the production enviornment database name to Test it start working properly.