Need help-New to Python

Hi, I am new to Python. I have installed Python2.2 in Win 2000.There are three items i got under this folder in start menu.1.IDLE (Python GUI)
2.Module docs, 3.python Command line. Let me know what are the user of above three. able to run the python program through Command line. But if my program is too large then how can i make it out if i need some changes in my code.

Thanks
Santosh

Comments

• : Hi, I am new to Python. I have installed Python2.2 in Win 2000.There are three items i got under this folder in start menu.1.IDLE (Python GUI)
    : 2.Module docs, 3.python Command line. Let me know what are the user of above three. able to run the python program through Command line. But if my program is too large then how can i make it out if i need some changes in my code.

Why didn't you get Python 2.3? It's the latest and greatest.

IDLE is a very simple Python GUI. It gives you a prompt where you can enter python commands and see the results. It also allows you to edit script files and provides syntax coloring and indentation.

The documentation is great, I suggest you open the Python Manuals and check out the tutorial.

The command line just runs python.exe in a regular windows command box. It's exactly the same interpreter as in IDLE.

Any command you type at the >>> prompt can be saved as a script in a .py file (plain text file). These files can be run as programs by double-clicking on them in Windows (Windows associates the .py extension with the Python interpreter).

[size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]

• Hi,

Thanks for ur information. I have down loaded 2.3 and installed also.
    It looks great.

Is it possible to right script to check broken links.(jpg,pdf,and html)
    I will be happy if any body help me in this issue.

: : Hi, I am new to Python. I have installed Python2.2 in Win 2000.There are three items i got under this folder in start menu.1.IDLE (Python GUI)
    : : 2.Module docs, 3.python Command line. Let me know what are the user of above three. able to run the python program through Command line. But if my program is too large then how can i make it out if i need some changes in my code.
    :
    : Why didn't you get Python 2.3? It's the latest and greatest.
    :
    : IDLE is a very simple Python GUI. It gives you a prompt where you can enter python commands and see the results. It also allows you to edit script files and provides syntax coloring and indentation.
    :
    : The documentation is great, I suggest you open the Python Manuals and check out the tutorial.
    :
    : The command line just runs python.exe in a regular windows command box. It's exactly the same interpreter as in IDLE.
    :
    : Any command you type at the >>> prompt can be saved as a script in a .py file (plain text file). These files can be run as programs by double-clicking on them in Windows (Windows associates the .py extension with the Python interpreter).
    :
    :
    : [size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]
    :
    :

• : Hi,
    :
    : Thanks for ur information. I have down loaded 2.3 and installed also.
    : It looks great.
    :
    : Is it possible to right script to check broken links.(jpg,pdf,and html)
    : I will be happy if any body help me in this issue.

What do you mean exactly by "broken link"?

• : : Hi,
    : :
    : : Thanks for ur information. I have down loaded 2.3 and installed also.
    : : It looks great.
    : :
    : : Is it possible to right script to check broken links.(jpg,pdf,and html)
    : : I will be happy if any body help me in this issue.
    :
    : What do you mean exactly by "broken link"?
    : ->brokenlinks mean links are given but as soon as u clik the link it will give u "page not found" message. Links are not redirected to the page where they should. For example, in our appication we have 200 thumbnail images. As soon as we click on thumb nail it should open with a new window with enlarge version or a home page have different internal links these links are working properly or not we need to check.

Hope this can help u to understand "brokenlinks" and u can help me in my issue
    :
    : [size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]
    :
    :

• : Hi,
    :
    : Thanks for ur information. I have down loaded 2.3 and installed also.
    : It looks great.
    :
    : Is it possible to right script to check broken links.(jpg,pdf,and html)
    : I will be happy if any body help me in this issue.

Oh, you mean "write" a script to check for broken links. Certainly. You can do almost anything in Python. You'll just have to read the file with the links, parse the links from the rest of the text, and see if it's a valid path or not.