Trust Computing vs. Assembly Programming

Have look at the new "message board" about TC!

http://www.programmersheaven.com/groups/tc.aoa

Comments

• : Have look at the new "message board" about TC!
    : http://www.programmersheaven.com/groups/tc.aoa

Inlight of the new info,
    AMD & UNIX are starting to look real good.

Bitdog
    PS,
    I almost bought an AMD 1.6 Duron AppleBred & Asus MOBO the other day
    when it was on sale for $53
    Even though I've got 2 of them now, I almost couldn't resist the price.

• : PS,
    : I almost bought an AMD 1.6 Duron AppleBred & Asus MOBO the other day
    : when it was on sale for $53
    : Even though I've got 2 of them now, I almost couldn't resist the price.
    :
    :

[blue]don't you know you can go bankrupt saving money?? ):[/blue]

• [b][red]This message was edited by Jonathan at 2004-1-5 12:9:47[/red][/b][hr]
    : : Have look at the new "message board" about TC!
    : : http://www.programmersheaven.com/groups/tc.aoa
    :
    :
    : Inlight of the new info,
    : AMD & UNIX are starting to look real good.
    :
    Careful on AMD:-
    "The Trusted Computing Group (TCG) is an alliance of Microsoft, Intel, IBM, HP and AMD..." - http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~rja14/tcpa-faq.html

If Intel and AMD are both sold on TC, looks like the x86 architecture is pretty much going that way as a whole. :-( Luckily, *NIX can run on other architectures, though that ain't helpful to assembly people (sadly, I can't label myself as an assembly programmer...yet...)

: I almost bought an AMD 1.6 Duron AppleBred & Asus MOBO the other day
    : when it was on sale for $53
    : Even though I've got 2 of them now, I almost couldn't resist the
    : price.
    LOL...temptation... I have AMD Barton chip and Asus mobo in my main workstation. Solid, fast, tasty.

Jonathan

###
    for(74,117,115,116){$::a.=chr};(($_.='qwertyui')&&
    (tr/yuiqwert/her anot/))for($::b);for($::c){$_.=$^X;
    /(p.{2}l)/;$_=$1}$::b=~/(..)$/;print("$::a$::b $::c hack$1.");

• no piracy llllllllllllllllllooooooooooooooooolllllllllllllllll
    well ps2 and ps1 also have a system that dont let you play pirat games .
    but it was hacked .

Its good intel arquitectura finaly will die :) , i like to program in intel assembly , but the arquitectura is so bad :(

and implementing intel arquitecture it cost very much, a good processor is mips :) like the one in ps2 and ps1 :)

anti piracy is geting out of hand , they are also thinking in making a law about hacking your computer if they think you have ilegal code in your computer ( i read this in GNU site ) , it seems that we dont have any rigths , we have to take all the byte junk of that shareware programs that afther uninstall are still there , we dont have full power on hardware because of anti-piracy and now we will have less power :(

i hope that free software gain with this ... since i dont use anything that isnt free soft this doesnt afect me ...

sorry about the english

• [green]
    I made my nasmenv.zip a year or so ago to help others
    to get started in assembly for free.
    I had the idea that big brother will use computers to control people
    in the future, and inorder to be free, you will have to control computers,
    as if hackers are going to save the world from big brother in the future.
    They are our only hope for freedom in the future ?
    The idea was so nutty, that I just kept the thought in that catigory.
    I was going to make the nasmenv.zip to help others get started in my favorite hobby anyway.
    But lately, I see my nutty vision comming true live on TV.
    They use to say you have to fight for your rights,
    but it's getting so you might have to hack for your rights.

If MicroSoft, Intel, & IBM decide to jump on the governments band wagon of personal intrusion.
    Things could get real bad, real quick.

Bitdog
    [/green]

• : [green]
    : I made my nasmenv.zip a year or so ago to help others
    : to get started in assembly for free.
    : I had the idea that big brother will use computers to control people
    : in the future, and inorder to be free, you will have to control computers,
    : as if hackers are going to save the world from big brother in the future.
    : They are our only hope for freedom in the future ?
    : The idea was so nutty, that I just kept the thought in that catigory.
    : I was going to make the nasmenv.zip to help others get started in my favorite hobby anyway.
    : But lately, I see my nutty vision comming true live on TV.
    : They use to say you have to fight for your rights,
    : but it's getting so you might have to hack for your rights.
    :
    : If MicroSoft, Intel, & IBM decide to jump on the governments band wagon of personal intrusion.
    : Things could get real bad, real quick.
    :
    : Bitdog
    : [/green]
    :
    :

I think that Alaskan lack of sunlight( or inverse) is getting to ya Bitdog! Just kidding, I don't think big brother is going to get us, but I do believe that some of these companies are trying to push a totalitarian agenda upon a user's property. It's a shame they are doing that but I don't think they will succeed with all of these consumer watch dog groups here in the states.

• The copy wright infringment of the music buisness stemming from
    internet MP3 sharing sites which resulted in the big law suit,
    is probably trickling down so movies & software is next ?

They will probably raise the price of items to cover the expence of
    litigateing the infringments.

But I personally would like to see, 50 cent software.
    A place where I could easily pay via credit card and get software
    that I can check out/use.
    The idea is: There are only a few programs that I use,
    and to find them, I had to try a lot of other bad software.
    If I had to pay full price for the other software
    that I discarded almost immediately,
    the journey would have been prohibitive.

I see that one can use a credit card and buy songs for $.99 cents now ?
    It's the same idea.

I would like to see Sound Blaster make a sound card that had
    2 sterio mini plugs for microphone input, (two singers & 2 for sterio drums)
    (4 mono mic inputs total)
    3 line in sterio mini plugs, (one mono for each of 6 players)
    and 1 sterio mini plug line out for sterio play back,
    that recorded in exact CD quality, so it could be burnt right to a CD
    with out alteration the tracks other than pan/volume/merging.
    Then some multi track software to adjust volumes for input/output/editing to put the finishing touches on it.

THEN, every garage band could make ONE HIT WONDERS right where they drink & play. Then sell their .50 cent songs on the internet.

Order 10 songs, pay via credit card, the CD is burnt & mailed to you
    in 2 days. Listen before you buy (mp3),
    BUT, but the full song exactly as intended is burnt on the CD,
    not an MP3.

Sound card sells for $80 so every one can afford it.

Right now, sound cards have 2 mono inputs & 4-6 mono outputs
    they've got it backwards.
    I've tried contacting many sound card companies and got no reasonable reply for my request for a reasonable recording sound card available to we the people.

Bitdog (Bit nut)

• [b][red]This message was edited by diehard at 2004-1-6 8:33:12[/red][/b][hr]
    : : [green]
    : : I made my nasmenv.zip a year or so ago to help others
    : : to get started in assembly for free.
    : : I had the idea that big brother will use computers to control people
    : : in the future, and inorder to be free, you will have to control computers,
    : : as if hackers are going to save the world from big brother in the future.
    : : They are our only hope for freedom in the future ?
    : : The idea was so nutty, that I just kept the thought in that catigory.
    : : I was going to make the nasmenv.zip to help others get started in my favorite hobby anyway.
    : : But lately, I see my nutty vision comming true live on TV.
    : : They use to say you have to fight for your rights,
    : : but it's getting so you might have to hack for your rights.
    : :
    : : If MicroSoft, Intel, & IBM decide to jump on the governments band wagon of personal intrusion.
    : : Things could get real bad, real quick.
    : : Bitdog
    : : [/green]
    :
    : I think that Alaskan lack of sunlight( or inverse) is getting to ya Bitdog! Just kidding, I don't think big brother is going to get us, but I do believe that some of these companies are trying to push a totalitarian agenda upon a user's property. It's a shame they are doing that but I don't think they will succeed with all of these consumer watch dog groups here in the states.
    :
    :
    Well i`m 100% agree with Bitdog!
    And i`m 100% sure that`s the way it will go!

Maybe -the end of days- :-S (if you read the bible you will see)

Most of the people on eard dont even know what is happening in this NEW Digital World! They think the grade leaders like bush... are rulling this world. Well it isn`t. These people help`s the people who are rulling the world!

Most of the people who read this they think i`m a crazy.
    But i have read and see lots of things that gives me engough evidens that it`s really happening!

At the end, everything will be 1 nation! Look at Europe -> It will be one nation. We have the EURO now! We dont have borders anymore! If you are in Belgium with 1kilo of coke, i give you 100% you can bring it to the Netherlands.
    Anyway, most of the people (mass) believe what they see and hear. They dont think any further!
    Like TC if it`s really come on the streets, all the mass of people are going to use it.
    So if mass of people will going to use it, you must using it to!!! or else you can`t read no more email, read DOCS.........
    Yesterday i read that, if the TC is finally there, and you are selling a non approved TC computer you have to pay a bill of $500.000, well they really getting crazy! and you are going to jail for 5years.

Read this PDF file: http://www.cypherpunks.to/TCPA_DEFCON_10.pdf <-- veryyyy interesting.

Diehard

• : But I personally would like to see, 50 cent software.
    : A place where I could easily pay via credit card and get software
    : that I can check out/use.
    : The idea is: There are only a few programs that I use,
    : and to find them, I had to try a lot of other bad software.
    : If I had to pay full price for the other software
    : that I discarded almost immediately,
    : the journey would have been prohibitive.
    :
    : I see that one can use a credit card and buy songs for $.99 cents now ?
    : It's the same idea.
    [green]
    I would have to agree with your opinion on that. If I bought all of the programs to try and find which is best then I would simply be a poor, broke, not a nickle to spare fool! :-)
    [/green]

• The USA government changed from "by and for we the people"
    to "your with us or against us" on 911 with Bush.

http://www.cypherpunks.to/TCPA_DEFCON_10.pdf

is skarry.
    I'm going to need a better nasmenv.zip
    if I'm going to save the world single handedly. (hahahahahaha)

Bitdog

• : Well i`m 100% agree with Bitdog!
    : And i`m 100% sure that`s the way it will go!
    :
    : Maybe -the end of days- :-S (if you read the bible you will see)
    :
    : Most of the people on eard dont even know what is happening in this
    : NEW Digital World! They think the grade leaders like bush... are
    : rulling this world. Well it isn`t. These people help`s the people
    : who are rulling the world!
    :
    : Most of the people who read this they think i`m a crazy.
    : But i have read and see lots of things that gives me engough evidens
    : that it`s really happening!
    I don't think you're crazy at all. I think there is a great lack of awareness about what is being done, and it won't be realised what a mess it all is until far too late, when the computer industry is in ruins. Maybe it won't get that gloomy - I sure hope not - but I don't deny there's a big risk of things going that way, and the big corporations have a LOT more government influence than they should. They do it with things like "look how much money we make for the country - you don't want to get in our way or we move our production to Iraq, so you best pass that law we like or you'll have many unemployed to deal with!".

: At the end, everything will be 1 nation! Look at Europe -> It will
    : be one nation. We have the EURO now! We dont have borders anymore!
    : If you are in Belgium with 1kilo of coke, i give you 100% you can
    : bring it to the Netherlands.
    The EU is making me more and more mad these days. The single currency isn't anything compared to some of the stupid things they do. Like they recently took responsibility for certain things from each country and assign it to one place. Like network security department is now in Greece! Country in EU with *lowest* Internet usage. And I read a story about a pilot who needed approval to make safety improvements to his plane. Well, the office responsible for that was in a foreign country now, doing it for all the EU...they were clueless about his plane...took him months. It'd have been about a week before. It's screwed. Totally screwed.

: Anyway, most of the people (mass) believe what they see and hear.
    : They dont think any further!
    : Like TC if it`s really come on the streets, all the mass of people
    : are going to use it.
    : So if mass of people will going to use it, you must using it to!!!
    : or else you can`t read no more email, read DOCS.........
    The question is, how can those who do know what it means put together a credible campaign to warn people what it means when we're up against the people with the $$$ who want TC? It's the biggest companies that want this and like was already said they have too much influence in government.

: Yesterday i read that, if the TC is finally there, and you are
    : selling a non approved TC computer you have to pay a bill of
    : $500.000, well they really getting crazy! and you are going to jail
    : for 5years.
    WTF?!!! I looked up what else you can do for your 5 years in jail:-

Violent Personal Crimes
    Burglary
    Theft, Forgery, Fraud
    Dr#g Offenses
    Weapon Offenses

All average sentences less than 5 years in jail! And selling someone a computer without a specifc chip in is worse than punching someone in the face, or burgling their house, or forging money? Some justice.

: Read this PDF file: http://www.cypherpunks.to/TCPA_DEFCON_10.pdf
    : <-- veryyyy interesting.
    Very, thank you for the link. :-)

Jonathan

###

• I've read about it before, but this has really sparked my interest again. I'm just going to make comments because I was so late replying.

"The copy wright infringment of the music buisness stemming from
    internet MP3 sharing sites which resulted in the big law suit,
    is probably trickling down so movies & software is next ?"
    Maybe games will come next, as all of these have to do with entertainment.

"Then sell their .50 cent songs on the internet."
    It would be just retarded in my mind if they didn't allow you to have custom CDs burnt. Most of the CDs I buy (now pirate, or borrow and rip) have only a few tracks I like.

"Anyway, most of the people (mass) believe what they see and hear. They dont think any further!"
    As some person said sometime, "You can fool most of the people most of the people, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time." I think this applies to this; there will always be people thinking about these kind of situations rather than "obeying" just like there are going to be people with 8086s for a long time to come. :-) Don't forget that people can change, as well. You could inform them, giving both sides, and let them decide.

"So if mass of people will going to use it, you must using it to!!! or else you can`t read no more email, read DOCS........."
    There will also always be people objecting. Some, like me, would use both old and new. I do this to get the best of both worlds and keep my data safe. There are programs out there, many in commercial packages when they don't belong, that delete things like pirated music or add tracking software. I already have a "quarantine" system set up for such situations. Luckily, it also helps protect against virus attacks. (Lol, shouldn't it be the other way around! ;-))

"I'm going to need a better nasmenv.zip
    if I'm going to save the world single handedly. (hahahahahaha)"
    That's just plain funny, even if it is in a corny kind of way.

"The question is, how can those who do know what it means put together a credible campaign to warn people what it means when we're up against the people with the $$$ who want TC? It's the biggest companies that want this and like was already said they have too much influence in government."
    Who knows, maybe some of those on our side could infiltrate and act as Anti-TCPA operatives. It probably would happen if the situation got really out of hand. Or maybe I've been watching Stargate too much.

Jonathon: I thought you were an HLL guy... suprise suprise. :-) I didn't even think that you would check this messageboard out.
  • : Jonathon: I thought you were an HLL guy... suprise suprise. :-) I
    : didn't even think that you would check this messageboard out.
    I spotted the post in the "Latest Messageboard posts" on the homepage and thought it sounded like an interesting topic. I do drop by this board now and then to see what's being discussed, but a lot of it is still over my head. I'll learn assembly one day. But not in the next couple of months, while my university is force-feeding me on JAVA. ;-)

Jonathan

###

• : : Jonathon: I thought you were an HLL guy... suprise suprise. :-) I
    : : didn't even think that you would check this messageboard out.
    : I spotted the post in the "Latest Messageboard posts" on the homepage and thought it sounded like an interesting topic. I do drop by this board now and then to see what's being discussed, but a lot of it is still over my head. I'll learn assembly one day. But not in the next couple of months, while my university is force-feeding me on JAVA. ;-)
    :
    : Jonathan
    :
    : ###
    : for(74,117,115,116){$::a.=chr};(($_.='qwertyui')&&
    : (tr/yuiqwert/her anot/))for($::b);for($::c){$_.=$^X;
    : /(p.{2}l)/;$_=$1}$::b=~/(..)$/;print("$::a$::b $::c hack$1.");
    :
    :

[green] Jonathon, I think your worries are misplaced. Any protection that comes out, and I mean *any*, can be broken and will be broken. Nothing that has been created by human beings is fool proof or uncrackable. Usually the day of or day before the protection debut's, there is usually a crack out there for it. So I wouldn't worry about this, and if they are working on such a scheme then they are wasting there money on a scheme that will eventually fail. Anyways, I think x86 assembly programming(and other's) is making a come back. I noticed at my bookstores here in town that there are more books on the subject that weren't ever there before! It's good know that we'll have people knowledgable on this subject, and not just some HLL junky who is clueless when it comes to really understanding how a puter works! :-) [/green] Boy... I sure do love green! :-D

• [green] Jonathon, I think your worries are misplaced.[/green]
    I think you may misunderstand my worries. :-)

[green]Any protection that comes out, and I mean *any*, can be broken and will be broken. Nothing that has been created by human beings is fool proof or uncrackable. Usually the day of or day before the protection debut's, there is usually a crack out there for it. So I wouldn't worry about this, and if they are working on such a scheme then they are wasting there money on a scheme that will eventually fail.[/green]
    I'm in no doubt that it will be possible to crack it. I agree it'll probably be cracked in no time. What I *am* worried about is that to use a non-TC compliant PC would be illegal, and that cracking it would be illegal under laws like DMCA. I don't mind if Microsoft and Intel and so on want to waste their money on this, I do mind if the government are joining the party and passing laws that will only serve to make the powerful corporations more powerful.

[green]Anyways, I think x86 assembly programming(and other's) is making a come back. I noticed at my bookstores here in town that there are more books on the subject that weren't ever there before! It's good know that we'll have people knowledgable on this subject, and not just some HLL junky who is clueless when it comes to really understanding how a puter works! :-) [/green]
    Uh....thanks.... But I agree with what you're saying - even if someone's job is in writing software in a HLL, having an appreciation of what's beneath it can surely enable them to do a more efficient job.

Jonathan

###