Python assignment

[b][red]This message was edited by bob-fleming at 2004-1-19 6:32:1[/red][/b][hr]
I have a really difficult assignment in python and could really do with some help or pointers from any experianced python programmers as I have no clue.

here's the link to my assignment:
http://www.btinternet.com/~andrew.r.hughes/apachelog.pdf

Hope somebody can help me.

Thanks

Comments

• : [b][red]This message was edited by bob-fleming at 2004-1-19 6:32:1[/red][/b][hr]
    : I have a really difficult assignment in python and could really do with some help or pointers from any experianced python programmers as I have no clue.
    :
    : here's the link to my assignment:
    : http://www.btinternet.com/~andrew.r.hughes/apachelog.pdf
    :
    : Hope somebody can help me.

So what are you having trouble with? Reading the file? Parsing the lines? Storing the data? If you ask some specific questions I can help with specific answers.

[size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]

[code]
    $ select * from users where clue > 0
    no rows returned
    [/code]

• [b][red]This message was edited by bob-fleming at 2004-1-20 12:10:8[/red][/b][hr]
    : : [b][red]This message was edited by bob-fleming at 2004-1-19 6:32:1[/red][/b][hr]
    : : I have a really difficult assignment in python and could really do with some help or pointers from any experianced python programmers as I have no clue.
    : :
    : : here's the link to my assignment:
    : : http://www.btinternet.com/~andrew.r.hughes/apachelog.pdf
    : :
    : : Hope somebody can help me.
    :
    : So what are you having trouble with? Reading the file? Parsing the lines? Storing the data? If you ask some specific questions I can help with specific answers.
    :
    :
    : [size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]
    :
    : [code]
    : $ select * from users where clue > 0
    : no rows returned
    : [/code]
    :
    : My problem is that I can't make any sense of python and so therfore have no idea how to write the entire program and have only got 15 hours left till it has to be in.

*the no clue part is me, I have no clue what i'm doing.

Thanks

• : : My problem is that I can't make any sense of python and so therfore have no idea how to write the entire program and have only got 15 hours left till it has to be in.
    :
    : *the no clue part is me, I have no clue what i'm doing.

Well you're going to have a rough time if you've only got 15 hours. Probably less now since I haven't checked in for a while. If you don't understand anything about Python, perhaps you should talk to your instructor or find someone in your class who can help.

Unless you ask specific questions, I'm not really able to help much. I'm not going to do the assignment for you.

[size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]

[code]
    $ select * from users where clue > 0
    no rows returned
    [/code]