: I HAVE INSTALLABLE FILES OF PHP4.2.1 & MYSQL-3.23
    :
    : HOW SHOULD I START?
    :
    : THANK YOU.
    :
    You might want to replace PWS 4.0 with Apache. You can get it from:-
    http://httpd.apache.org/

Install PHP and MySQL if you haven't already. You will need to ensure you have a PHP with the database libraries (I think they come as standard). I suggest you avoid trying to do any MySQL stuff at first and just work with PHP. Try a few simple programs, like printing the current date and time. There are plenty of PHP tutorials out there.

There are also numerous books on PHP/MySQL - you may or may not find a book useful. I've certainly found having a book to hand very useful when learning new languages.

Jonathan

###
    for(74,117,115,116){$::a.=chr};(($_.='qwertyui')&&
    (tr/yuiqwert/her anot/))for($::b);for($::c){$_.=$^X;
    /(p.{2}l)/;$_=$1}$::b=~/(..)$/;print("$::a$::b $::c hack$1.");

• : I AM USING WIN98 WITH P-3 PROCESSOR AND PWS 4.0
    :
    : I HAVE INSTALLABLE FILES OF PHP4.2.1 & MYSQL-3.23
    :
    : HOW SHOULD I START?
    :
    : THANK YOU.
    :
    It might be a good idea to turn off Caps Lock before continuing.

No offense ;-)
    [hr][red][italic][b]N[/b][/red][blue]et[/blue][red][b]G[/b][/red][blue]ert[/italic][/blue][hr]

• I got myself a copy of "Programming PHP" (by O'Reilly books) which will teach you the basics pretty thoroughly (it is co-written by PHP's creator). An invaluable thing to remember is that PHP has a function to do pretty much everything, so before setting about writing your own functions to do stuff, check the manual at www.php.net/manual/en to see if there already is one. If you can't find it, search google or something - some of the functions are tucked away on the online manual so they aren't immediately obvious. Also, don't hesitate to ask for help! Places like this are always handy.