Application Web deployment and One Ethical Question

2»

Comments

• [blue]Thanks a lot everybody [/blue] who have given their valueable comments on such an invalueable person request.

I thought thought and came up with this one. Now I may be wrong also but the decision wrong or right, is mine.

I will [blue]not open the source[/blue]. But if somebody wants to know how I wrote a particular functionality I used in game , He/She will be welcome to know about that and I will write this and my contact ID in the Game itself.

I will [blue]not sell version 1[/blue]. But as You have pointed out ask for donation to keep myself busy with the money (Dont hope much but its the hope on which world is standing.)

I will make [blue]a provision of playing 10 instances of game without any intervension but after that they will just need to send me a mail asking for the unlocking key for free [/blue] and will write their highly valuable comments good or bad about the game. Even 5 emails will set me up to write second version and I mean what else they can expect from a ignorant person like me.

I have [blue]started learning HTML [/blue] and learning 2*4 is more difficult than that. Thanks for the Inspiration !! I was really trying to avoid the stuff as I thought It would be difficult But It isnt. So thanks for that once more.

Still [blue]searching for a good host [/blue](they r out somewhere ) because everyone doesnt have the oppurtunity of running their own server. [blue]Jonathan[/blue] r u reading this ???

[b]Regards
    Er. [blue]Gurpreet Singh [/blue](B.E [blue]Mech.)[/blue][/b]
    [hr]

• : For crying out loud, man, get a grip. There are tons of ways that virus writers can deliver their germs. Making bogus executables from a game that a few kids are going to download probably isn't very high on their list.
    :
    I dunno, a 6 MB MSI distributing would really clog up the mail system... ;-) I'm pretty certain taht most email virii these days are done by SPAMmers anyway.

: : P.S [blue] I read the things about GPL but If I am not wrong they say that there was a proposal of sending the changed or modified version back to its author but its not compulsory. The modifiers can aslo choose to not to send the modified version back to its author. So the point raises again. They said whats if the author doesnt reply's back so the modifier wud be stuck somewhere But what about the poor author ??? [/blue]
    :
    : If this whole concept is going to make you worry so much then perhaps you should just avoid it for now and sell copies of your program on disks.
    :
    I don't see how the author is "poor" here. Sure, it can be nice to know what people are using code I write and release under GPL for, though I answer plenty of questions here and have little idea what snippets of code I post are going to or if other people look at them and use them. It doesn't make me any more poor either way.

Free software and open source ideas are strange if you are used to the proprietery model. But to people who were brought up on these ideas, it'd be the other way round.

Jonathan

###
    for(74,117,115,116){$::a.=chr};(($_.='qwertyui')&&
    (tr/yuiqwert/her anot/))for($::b);for($::c){$_.=$^X;
    /(p.{2}l)/;$_=$1}$::b=~/(..)$/;print("$::a$::b $::c hack$1.");

• : : This all assumes evolution is correct. Ooops, now *there's* a big can of worms I just opened. :-D
    : :
    :
    : Nope. Evolution is correct: The idea is sound and viable.
    The idea of me having a girlfriend is sound and viable too, but to say I have one would not be correct. OK, where's my "worst analogy ever" award?

: Evolution has also been proven: Small scale environment changes
    : result in genetic changes of the organism. The can of worms is large-
    : scale evolution where species change radically, such as man from
    : lower primates (no, we didn't evolve from chimps, we AND chimps
    : evolved from even lower primates).
    :
    Ah, difference in terminology. To me "evolution" is about the "large-scale" stuff. Small scale changes I'd talk about as natural selection - and that I don't disagree with. Of course, you can say that's small scale evolution too I guess. :-)

: : "echo y | format C:"
    :
    : Did you know that will cause format.exe to lock up waiting for the
    : next set of keys from the same pipe?
    No, I didn't. Then, I didn't plan to post a working "how to format drive C" code. And I sure as hell didn't test it first. ;-)

: I actually tried it once cause I got tired of telling it yes every
    : time I wanted to format a "NON-REMOVABLE DISK". Format will later
    : prompt for other info but it won't read input from the keyboard
    : anymore...
    :
    Geez, how often do you format a "NON-REMOVABLE DISK"?

Jonathan

###

• : I have [blue]started learning HTML [/blue] and learning 2*4 is more difficult than that. Thanks for the Inspiration !! I was really trying to avoid the stuff as I thought It would be difficult But It isnt. So thanks for that once more.
    :
    Cool, and good luck with it. :-)

: Still [blue]searching for a good host [/blue](they r out somewhere ) because everyone doesnt have the oppurtunity of running their own server. [blue]Jonathan[/blue] r u reading this ???
    :
    Yeah, I'm reading. I wasn't suggesting everyone ran their own server, I was just saying that's why I don't know much about what's out there in terms of free hosts any more. Sorry for any confusion. But what I said still stands - it is very hard to find a good free host today.

Jonathan

###

• : Yeah, I'm reading. I wasn't suggesting everyone ran their own server, I was just saying that's why I don't know much about what's out there in terms of free hosts any more. Sorry for any confusion. But what I said still stands - it is very hard to find a good free host today.
    :
    [blue] I am certainly not complaining here. Do u smell something burning here ?? [/blue]
    [b]Regards
    Er. [blue]Gurpreet Singh [/blue](B.E [blue]Mech.)[/blue][/b]
    [hr]

• : : The can of worms is large-
    : : scale evolution where species change radically, such as man from
    : : lower primates

Less than 2% of our genes are different from Bonobos. Even less difference existed between specimens such as "Lucy" and the equivalent ancestors of Bonobos. Over the course of millions of years, I fail to see how this is "radical".

: Ah, difference in terminology. To me "evolution" is about the "large-scale" stuff. Small scale changes I'd talk about as natural selection - and that I don't disagree with. Of course, you can say that's small scale evolution too I guess. :-)

Dude, that's the macro-/micro- evolution false dichotomy. There really isn't any difference. Species change over time and at some point a population changes enough that it's considered a new species. The "difference in terminology" is a purely human construct - used to great semantic effect by the anti-evolutionists to cast doubt on that which they refuse to believe.

[size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]

[code]
    $ select * from users where clue > 0
    no rows returned
    [/code]

• : The idea of me having a girlfriend is sound and viable too, but to say I have one would not be correct. OK, where's my "worst analogy ever" award?
    :

: Ah, difference in terminology. To me "evolution" is about the "large-scale" stuff. Small scale changes I'd talk about as natural selection - and that I don't disagree with. Of course, you can say that's small scale evolution too I guess. :-)
    :

To me, "evolution" is pretty much any genetic change that can be carried on to descendants ("mutation" is any genetic change). "Natural selection" is the result of evolution where the stronger/better traits win out. I think you have the more common definition though where evolution is natural selection resulting in non-compatible species (large-scale changes).

: No, I didn't. Then, I didn't plan to post a working "how to format drive C" code.
    :

It's easy!

[code]With Human.MouseInteraction
    .MoveTo "Start Button"; .Click
    .MoveTo MenuItem("Programs"); .Hover GetMenuDelay()
    If WinVer = XP Then
    .MoveTo EnumShortcutsFor("cmd.exe", Recursive); .Click
    ElseIf WinVer = 98 Then
    .MoveTo EnumShortcutsFor("command.com", Recursive); .Click
    End If
    End With
    Human.WaitForWindow "*Prompt*"
    With Human.KeyboardInteraction
    .Type "format /u C: /v:id_10T"; .KeyClick "Enter"
    Human.WaitForPrompt
    .Type "y"; .KeyClick "Enter"
    End With
    [/code]

See? Perfectly easy!

: And I sure as hell didn't test it first. ;-)

Now Jonathan, all good experiements/scientists test their own formulas!

: Geez, how often do you format a "NON-REMOVABLE DISK"?

Well, I have about 5 computers under my control and they do need reinstalling occasionally. And that prompt is one of those things that always irritates the $*^$^& outta me.
  • : Less than 2% of our genes are different from Bonobos. Even less difference existed between specimens such as "Lucy" and the equivalent ancestors of Bonobos. Over the course of millions of years, I fail to see how this is "radical".
    :

Although not entirely accurate according to the definition, I would define "radical change" as one which results in genetically non-compatible species (can't inter-breed).

: Dude, that's the macro-/micro- evolution false dichotomy. There really isn't any difference. Species change over time and at some point a population changes enough that it's considered a new species. The "difference in terminology" is a purely human construct - used to great semantic effect by the anti-evolutionists to cast doubt on that which they refuse to believe.
    :

Ouch! many big words... hurt head. fire friend. wheel good.

Seriously though, I consider micro- or macro- to be evolution while Jonathan considers macro- to be evolution. He has a point, but as always, I'm right. And since he disagrees with me...