Signal Handling

HI:
I try to make a program which allows processes from different locations communicate each other. For example, Couple SSH were opened, if one SSH sends a message to the specific destiniation, it passes the message via ESD (event server daemon) to the destination.
Could anyone tell me where should I start from?

The following is the components of the program:
es_subscribe( ) - allocate and initialize any data structures the ES requires;

es_notify(int task_id, int event)
generate event for the process identified by task_id (analogous to the system call kill(.));

int es_wait_event(int event, ... )
block until at least one of the events in the argument list occurs and return any one of those events (equivalent to the wait_event construct presented in lectures;

HNDLR es_on_event(int event, HNDLR somefn)
nominate the function somefn to be invoked as soon as notification of event arrives (equivalent to the on_event construct presented in lectures and analogous to the system call signal( )).

Comments

• : HI:
    : I try to make a program which allows processes from different locations communicate each other. For example, Couple SSH were opened, if one SSH sends a message to the specific destiniation, it passes the message via ESD (event server daemon) to the destination.
    : Could anyone tell me where should I start from?
    :
    : The following is the components of the program:
    : es_subscribe( ) - allocate and initialize any data structures the ES requires;
    :
    : es_notify(int task_id, int event)
    : generate event for the process identified by task_id (analogous to the system call kill(.));
    :
    : int es_wait_event(int event, ... )
    : block until at least one of the events in the argument list occurs and return any one of those events (equivalent to the wait_event construct presented in lectures;
    :
    : HNDLR es_on_event(int event, HNDLR somefn)
    : nominate the function somefn to be invoked as soon as notification of event arrives (equivalent to the on_event construct presented in lectures and analogous to the system call signal( )).
    :
    :
    This look slike *nix, what compiler / envirinment are you using?
  • this is under UNIX enviornment with using C compiler.