dbgrid control help

hi guys

I have an ms access table connected to a dbgrid control with the following fields
idnumber, name, address, age

I would like to search the dbgrid control for a particular idnumber that i pass from from a textbox and then retrieve the name, address and age and pass them to a list box control
how can i do that please

Thanks Tom

Comments

• : hi guys
    :
    : I have an ms access table connected to a dbgrid control with the following fields
    : idnumber, name, address, age
    :
    : I would like to search the dbgrid control for a particular idnumber that i pass from from a textbox and then retrieve the name, address and age and pass them to a list box control
    : how can i do that please
    :
    : Thanks Tom
    :

is your datagrid connected to an ADO DataControl - if it is you can simply change the recordsource of your adoDataControl and then refresh it -- ie --> change it to
    [code]
    adoDControl.recordsource = "select * from tblName where idnumber = " & varNumToSearch
    adoDControl.refresh
    [/code]

now your datagrid will contain the record(if it matchs), now I know there are ways to access the field values I think it is something like
    datagrid.field(indexnumber).value

but It has been a veery long time since I used a datagrid like that, so look it up on google or something and you should find what you are looking for.
    [blue]
    C:Dos
    C:Dos Run
    Run Dos Run
    [/blue]