Problem sending combo box text as a parameter to MS SQL

hello ppl,

i am having a problem with MS SQL....

Dim s As String
s = Trim(Combo1.Text)
rs3.Open "select * from ' " + s + " ' where mag_id='" + Text1.Text + "'", con, adOpenDynamic, adLockOptimistic

i need to send the combo1.text as parameter but MS SQL dosent accept it directly....... so i tried to store it in a variable and then send that as a parameter....... but this also dosent work....

can anyone just tell me how i can capture the combobox text and send it as a fiels in the MS SQL querry.

waiting for ur help,
bye

Comments

• : hello ppl,
    :
    : i am having a problem with MS SQL....
    :
    : Dim s As String
    : s = Trim(Combo1.Text)
    : rs3.Open "select * from ' " + s + " ' where mag_id='" + Text1.Text + "'", con, adOpenDynamic, adLockOptimistic
    :
    : i need to send the combo1.text as parameter but MS SQL dosent accept it directly....... so i tried to store it in a variable and then send that as a parameter....... but this also dosent work....
    :
    : can anyone just tell me how i can capture the combobox text and send it as a fiels in the MS SQL querry.
    :
    : waiting for ur help,
    : bye
    :

you can use the parameters collection to send a parameter to msSQL, but you don't need that here -->
    rs3.Open "select * from " & s & " where mag_id='" & Text1.Text & "'", con, adOpenDynamic, adLockOptimistic

you don't want single quotes around your table name -- that is used to pass a string value to a field - also try using ampersands as above instead of +
    [blue]
    C:Dos
    C:Dos Run
    Run Dos Run
    [/blue]

• thanx for the help..............it works...........thanx again