How to change user ?

In Windows NT, Windows+L will appear a dialog (or a screen) to change between users. How to appear this dialog (or the screen) through Delphi ? I've tried the ExitWindowsEx API function but it doesnt support this feature, I think.

Comments

• : In Windows NT, Windows+L will appear a dialog (or a screen) to change between users. How to appear this dialog (or the screen) through Delphi ? I've tried the ExitWindowsEx API function but it doesnt support this feature, I think.
    :
    The ExitWindowsEx() API call supports this using the EWX_LOGOFF value. This will simulate the CTRL-ALT-DEL - Log off feature.
  • : : In Windows NT, Windows+L will appear a dialog (or a screen) to change between users. How to appear this dialog (or the screen) through Delphi ? I've tried the ExitWindowsEx API function but it doesnt support this feature, I think.
    : :
    : The ExitWindowsEx() API call supports this using the EWX_LOGOFF value. This will simulate the CTRL-ALT-DEL - Log off feature.
    :
    Thanks, but..
    The change user dialog I have mentioned is NOT the selecting user dialog like logging off. When we press Windows+L it just locks the computer w/o closing everything down whilst logging off means closing all the tasks.
  • : : : In Windows NT, Windows+L will appear a dialog (or a screen) to change between users. How to appear this dialog (or the screen) through Delphi ? I've tried the ExitWindowsEx API function but it doesnt support this feature, I think.
    : : :
    : : The ExitWindowsEx() API call supports this using the EWX_LOGOFF value. This will simulate the CTRL-ALT-DEL - Log off feature.
    : Thanks, but..
    : The change user dialog I have mentioned is NOT the selecting user dialog like logging off. When we press Windows+L it just locks the computer w/o closing everything down whilst logging off means closing all the tasks.
    :
    I think, you are talking about a kind of password protection of winNT. I've tried that key combo on win2000, but nothing happens. Are you sure that you can change the user then? That is a huge breach in the privacy of the system.
  • : : : : In Windows NT, Windows+L will appear a dialog (or a screen) to change between users. How to appear this dialog (or the screen) through Delphi ? I've tried the ExitWindowsEx API function but it doesnt support this feature, I think.
    : : : :
    : : : The ExitWindowsEx() API call supports this using the EWX_LOGOFF value. This will simulate the CTRL-ALT-DEL - Log off feature.
    : : Thanks, but..
    : : The change user dialog I have mentioned is NOT the selecting user dialog like logging off. When we press Windows+L it just locks the computer w/o closing everything down whilst logging off means closing all the tasks.
    : I think, you are talking about a kind of password protection of winNT. I've tried that key combo on win2000, but nothing happens. Are you sure that you can change the user then? That is a huge breach in the privacy of the system.
    :
    Yes, its a speical feature of WinNT. And its not a kind of protection, I think, but just a convenient thing. It depends if we can change user using this keyboard shortcut or not: If we turn the Fast User Switching then we can, otherwise it only locks the computer and only the current user can unlock.
  • : : : : : In Windows NT, Windows+L will appear a dialog (or a screen) to change between users. How to appear this dialog (or the screen) through Delphi ? I've tried the ExitWindowsEx API function but it doesnt support this feature, I think.
    : : : : :
    : : : : The ExitWindowsEx() API call supports this using the EWX_LOGOFF value. This will simulate the CTRL-ALT-DEL - Log off feature.
    : : : :
    : : : Thanks, but..
    : : : The change user dialog I have mentioned is NOT the selecting user dialog like logging off. When we press Windows+L it just locks the computer w/o closing everything down whilst logging off means closing all the tasks.
    : : I think, you are talking about a kind of password protection of winNT. I've tried that key combo on win2000, but nothing happens. Are you sure that you can change the user then? That is a huge breach in the privacy of the system.
    : Yes, its a speical feature of WinNT. And its not a kind of protection, I think, but just a convenient thing. It depends if we can change user using this keyboard shortcut or not: If we turn the Fast User Switching then we can, otherwise it only locks the computer and only the current user can unlock.
    :
    I can think of 2 ways to implement this from your own program:
    1: an API call (if one exists), although I cannot tell you its name
    2: a keyboard playback journal. In the help files under: JournalPlaybackProc()
    That is the best I can offer you. I hope it helps you along.