window editor for c++

Hi,

I am working with dev c++ to make some win32 applications. I was interested in making some window say with buttons and edit bars whatever.. And I bet there is some software written that can graphically place buttons around and then let me use the code. But..
I can't think up a possible name for this product. Is there anyone that knows of a good editor-->code window based in C++?

Thanks

Comments

• : Hi,
    :
    : I am working with dev c++ to make some win32 applications. I was interested in making some window say with buttons and edit bars whatever.. And I bet there is some software written that can graphically place buttons around and then let me use the code. But..
    : I can't think up a possible name for this product. Is there anyone that knows of a good editor-->code window based in C++?
    :
    : Thanks
    :
    :
    [blue]It is not clear to me... you looking for something like VB - you double click on a button and it brings you the code for when that button clicked? Borland Builder does that, AFAIK... no idea if any free tool available like that. These things are expensive. If you mean something else, then clarify. Maybe you need to draw all controls, etc. and then run some tool to make a code to create all the controls? Windows does it automatically if you use dialog boxes.[/blue]
  • : : Hi,
    : :
    : : I am working with dev c++ to make some win32 applications. I was interested in making some window say with buttons and edit bars whatever.. And I bet there is some software written that can graphically place buttons around and then let me use the code. But..
    : : I can't think up a possible name for this product. Is there anyone that knows of a good editor-->code window based in C++?
    : : Thanks
    : [blue]It is not clear to me... you looking for something like VB - you double click on a button and it brings you the code for when that button clicked? Borland Builder does that, AFAIK... no idea if any free tool available like that. These things are expensive. If you mean something else, then clarify. Maybe you need to draw all controls, etc. and then run some tool to make a code to create all the controls? Windows does it automatically if you use dialog boxes.[/blue]
    :

[green]
    Ok,
    It will take me a long time to get back to talking in computer lingo. How about this.
    In C++ DEV I believe the way to make a window is to type everything in code. And if I want a window to display a button. I must type something like[/green][purple]
    case WM_CREATE:

CreateWindowEx(0,
    "BUTTON",
    "global",
    WS_CHILD|WS_VISIBLE|BS_DEFPUSHBUTTON,
    hwnd,
    NULL,
    GEEWIZ,
    NULL);
    return 0;[/purple][green]
    Inside my [/green][purple]LRESULT CALLBACK WindowProcedure...[/purple]
    [green]
    Then compiling and checking (10,20,200,30) for size and position. And repositioning it time and again. Background color. whatever. Then lets say I want a set of fifteen toggles and twelve lists.etc etc. Just typing all this in would take hours...
    And with making them "pretty" it could take days.

That is before calculating what to do with each message for each child. And creating and running the program for calculations etc.

I don't have visual c++ but looking at some web pages makes me believe the "visual" stands for something. And I know in Matlab which runs similarly. To design a screen there is a program that you can create a basic screen by drawing and placing buttons and text on a screen. The code is written for you . Then you take that code and add the complications that are needed.
    After writting this I stumbled upon wxWindows (WxWidget). But getting that to run is another problem that I haven't solved. And I am not convinced that that is the solution I was after.
    Basically I have a very complex mathematical program that I created a long time ago to calculate where another country on the planet was relative to me (degrees from North and degrees from Vertical from their and my longitude and latitude.). And I wanted to make it a windows program with some useful ideas that come to mind.

So that is my original question. You wrote "Windows does it automatically if you use dialog boxes". Now I don't know what you are talking about. Perhaps you thought I am talking about reinventing the wheel type programs. like designing a special type button. No any old button that I could type in long hand would be fine. I just think if I could drag and drop a button on some page. Stretching it. Then THAT program could keep track of it and it's size and position etc and at the end it would give me a bunch of code for
    [/green][purple]
    case WM_CREATE:

[/purple][green]
    I have the feeling that this would be standard by now. I can do that with HTML programming. Not that I do HTML. But I have seen it. Why not c++...?
    [/green]
  • [green]: So that is my original question. You wrote "Windows does it automatically if you use dialog boxes". Now I don't know what you are talking about.[/green]
    well you can either type everything manually (take hours,or days)[code]#pragma option w32
    ?include"windows.h--"
    int main(){DialogBoxParamA(GetModuleHandleA(0),"Box",0,#DlgProc,0);}
    LRESULT DlgProc(HWND win,UINT msg,WPARAM WP,LPARAM LP)
    {switch(msg)
    {case WM_CLOSE: EndDialog(win,0); return TRUE;
    case WM_COMMAND: if(LOWORD(WP)==IDOK) {EndDialog(win,0); return TRUE;}
    } return FALSE;
    }#pragma resource start
    Box DIALOGEX 0,0,80,40
    STYLE DS_MODALFRAME|DS_CENTER|WS_POPUP|WS_CAPTION
    CAPTION "just a sample,buddy" FONT 13,"System"
    {ICON IDI_WINLOGO,-1,30,0,0,0 DEFPUSHBUTTON ":P",IDOK,25,20,30,13
    }#pragma resource end[/code]or use a Resource editor/builder..
    http://pheaven.com/search/download.asp?FileID=29983