Turbo Pascal ver 6 Special Edition

I have TP6 running on my computer. I tried to make an exe file by compiling a pas program file, but I don't see and exe file made when I compiled and run a program. I am using win98 and using the TP6 IDE to compile the program. When I check if there is an exe file on my disk, there is none made.

Do you know what I am doing wrong? I installed the TP special edition using the install.exe program and it automatically installed the TP program on my computer. Is there a configuration file or special set that I must do in order to make an exe program file?

Do you use a linker and make file like the assembler or C programs do?

Please help. I am anxious to learn pascal, but this is stumping me into advancing in my program career because I don't know whats wrong.

Hope you can help.

Thanks a bunch.

bye.!!!

Comments

• : I have TP6 running on my computer. I tried to make an exe file by compiling a pas program file, but I don't see and exe file made when I compiled and run a program. I am using win98 and using the TP6 IDE to compile the program. When I check if there is an exe file on my disk, there is none made.
    :
    : Do you know what I am doing wrong? I installed the TP special edition using the install.exe program and it automatically installed the TP program on my computer. Is there a configuration file or special set that I must do in order to make an exe program file?
    :
    : Do you use a linker and make file like the assembler or C programs do?
    :
    : Please help. I am anxious to learn pascal, but this is stumping me into advancing in my program career because I don't know whats wrong.
    :
    : Hope you can help.
    :
    : Thanks a bunch.
    :
    : bye.!!!
    :
    In the options there is a setting, which specifies the destination of the compiled code. This can be memory (no exe file created) or disk (exe file created). I suspect it is set to memory.
  • : : I have TP6 running on my computer. I tried to make an exe file by compiling a pas program file, but I don't see and exe file made when I compiled and run a program. I am using win98 and using the TP6 IDE to compile the program. When I check if there is an exe file on my disk, there is none made.
    : :
    : : Do you know what I am doing wrong? I installed the TP special edition using the install.exe program and it automatically installed the TP program on my computer. Is there a configuration file or special set that I must do in order to make an exe program file?
    : : Do you use a linker and make file like the assembler or C programs do?
    : : Please help. I am anxious to learn pascal, but this is stumping me into advancing in my program career because I don't know whats wrong.
    : : Hope you can help.
    : : Thanks a bunch.
    : : bye.!!!
    : In the options there is a setting, which specifies the destination of the compiled code. This can be memory (no exe file created) or disk (exe file created). I suspect it is set to memory.

Yes, what else do I have to setup in order arrange the compiled code into obj, inc, exe or tpu code?

Please help. thanks.
  • : : : I have TP6 running on my computer. I tried to make an exe file by compiling a pas program file, but I don't see and exe file made when I compiled and run a program. I am using win98 and using the TP6 IDE to compile the program. When I check if there is an exe file on my disk, there is none made.
    : : :
    : : : Do you know what I am doing wrong? I installed the TP special edition using the install.exe program and it automatically installed the TP program on my computer. Is there a configuration file or special set that I must do in order to make an exe program file?
    : : : Do you use a linker and make file like the assembler or C programs do?
    : : : Please help. I am anxious to learn pascal, but this is stumping me into advancing in my program career because I don't know whats wrong.
    : : : Hope you can help.
    : : : Thanks a bunch.
    : : : bye.!!!
    : : In the options there is a setting, which specifies the destination of the compiled code. This can be memory (no exe file created) or disk (exe file created). I suspect it is set to memory.
    :
    : Yes, what else do I have to setup in order arrange the compiled code into obj, inc, exe or tpu code?
    :
    : Please help. thanks.
    :
    Make sure that setting is set to disk. That's all that is necessary to create exe & tpu files. Inc files are special source code files, which are always included (using include directive) into pas files. There should also be a setting to create Obj files, but I don't remember which, and I don't have Pascal here to quickly check it out.