Hint & TTreeView

Hi all;

I want my application show the hint of an item on the tree view as
soon as the mouse moves over that item, but it does not unless i click on that item.

(NOTE: i change the hint of the tree view in the on mouse move event, is there an additional call that i should do?)

Comments

• : Hi all;
    :
    : I want my application show the hint of an item on the tree view as
    : soon as the mouse moves over that item, but it does not unless i click on that item.
    :
    : (NOTE: i change the hint of the tree view in the on mouse move event, is there an additional call that i should do?)
    :
    Here is a code, which shows the hints as the mouse moves over the tree. It is not perfect, but it works without needing to click the nodes.
    [code]
    procedure TForm1.TreeView1MouseMove(Sender: TObject; Shift: TShiftState; X,
    Y: Integer);
    begin
    if TreeView1.GetNodeAt(X,Y)<>nil then
    begin
    TreeView1.Hint := TreeView1.GetNodeAt(X,Y).Text;
    Application.ActivateHint(Mouse.CursorPos);
    end;
    end;
    [/code]
  • Thank you, but I have one more question about the tree view component's
    GetNodeAt method, if you don't mind.

When i move the mouse to a blank place just on the same line with a node, it returns that node. Shouldn't it return nil? Or how can i make it return nil if the position of the mouse is not on a node's text space, even if this point horizontally lies on the same line with a node?

Thanx.

: : Hi all;
    : :
    : : I want my application show the hint of an item on the tree view as
    : : soon as the mouse moves over that item, but it does not unless i click on that item.
    : : (NOTE: i change the hint of the tree view in the on mouse move event, is there an additional call that i should do?)
    : Here is a code, which shows the hints as the mouse moves over the tree. It is not perfect, but it works without needing to click the nodes.
    : [code]
    : procedure TForm1.TreeView1MouseMove(Sender: TObject; Shift: TShiftState; X,
    : Y: Integer);
    : begin
    : if TreeView1.GetNodeAt(X,Y)<>nil then
    : begin
    : TreeView1.Hint := TreeView1.GetNodeAt(X,Y).Text;
    : Application.ActivateHint(Mouse.CursorPos);
    : end;
    : end;
    : [/code]
    :

• : Thank you, but I have one more question about the tree view component's
    : GetNodeAt method, if you don't mind.
    :
    : When i move the mouse to a blank place just on the same line with a node, it returns that node. Shouldn't it return nil? Or how can i make it return nil if the position of the mouse is not on a node's text space, even if this point horizontally lies on the same line with a node?
    :
    : Thanx.
    :
    : : : Hi all;
    : : :
    : : : I want my application show the hint of an item on the tree view as
    : : : soon as the mouse moves over that item, but it does not unless i click on that item.
    : : : (NOTE: i change the hint of the tree view in the on mouse move event, is there an additional call that i should do?)
    : : Here is a code, which shows the hints as the mouse moves over the tree. It is not perfect, but it works without needing to click the nodes.
    : : [code]
    : : procedure TForm1.TreeView1MouseMove(Sender: TObject; Shift: TShiftState; X,
    : : Y: Integer);
    : : begin
    : : if TreeView1.GetNodeAt(X,Y)<>nil then
    : : begin
    : : TreeView1.Hint := TreeView1.GetNodeAt(X,Y).Text;
    : : Application.ActivateHint(Mouse.CursorPos);
    : : end;
    : : end;
    : : [/code]
    :
    :
    You have to manually check if the position of the mous is within the DisplayRect() of the node. You can use the PtInRect() (windows unit) for that.