CD/DVD ripper + mp3 to wav and back :Delphi

Hi, I have got some projects ready and I am now looking for something new to master. I have thought for this for some time now and tried to look for info but not much seems to be available on the net. I am trying to make CD ripper, but it seems I need some extra components to make it. I have been looking for them but found no freeware or source code. I don't quite understand how to make program load a wav from 44 byte file on CD. Are there any tutorials where to start from? I haven't found any yet. Or is this impossible? (or possible only using dll:s and having good knowledge of windows environment)

Comments

• [b][red]This message was edited by zibadian at 2004-8-7 4:47:19[/red][/b][hr]
    : Hi, I have got some projects ready and I am now looking for something new to master. I have thought for this for some time now and tried to look for info but not much seems to be available on the net. I am trying to make CD ripper, but it seems I need some extra components to make it. I have been looking for them but found no freeware or source code. I don't quite understand how to make program load a wav from 44 byte file on CD. Are there any tutorials where to start from? I haven't found any yet. Or is this impossible? (or possible only using dll:s and having good knowledge of windows environment)
    :
    I don't think it will be easy to find any freeware components or source code, since the CD-DA format (also known as "redbook" format) is quite expensive. A quick google search however shown me some promising sites, which describe some of the features of the CD-DA format. Here is one, which also has several links to more technical specs. on tht format: http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/bchafy/cdb/info/info.html#redbook . Especially the first link at the CD Subcode section could be of use to start understanding the way audio CDs are read/written.

• : I don't think it will be easy to find any freeware components or source code, since the CD-DA format (also known as "redbook" format) is quite expensive. A quick google search however shown me some promising sites, which describe some of the features of the CD-DA format. Here is one, which also has several links to more technical specs. on tht format: http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/bchafy/cdb/info/info.html#redbook . Especially the first link at the CD Subcode section could be of use to start understanding the way audio CDs are read/written.

Damn, looks very long text there. But that is just fine, I have too much free time anyway. This will be fun. Hope I will learn to burn audio CD:s too =)
  • No I have done reading them all and I see it is damn confusing. There are Q-bits and sections and bytes wrote to beginning of every record. And I don't understand how could Delphi that information from CD.

I am now ready to use any DLL that would do the trick. Is there some way of converting MediaPlayer to save the data from CD as it knows hoe to decode it? Or to record the data which MediaPlayer is playing? Or to record the signals going to speakers? Anything? Maybe use Windows own DLL to encode the data?
  • : Hi, I have got some projects ready and I am now looking for something new to master. I have thought for this for some time now and tried to look for info but not much seems to be available on the net. I am trying to make CD ripper, but it seems I need some extra components to make it. I have been looking for them but found no freeware or source code. I don't quite understand how to make program load a wav from 44 byte file on CD. Are there any tutorials where to start from? I haven't found any yet. Or is this impossible? (or possible only using dll:s and having good knowledge of windows environment)
    :
    Just a note on those 44 byte .cda files you might find on your CD...
    They are not audio files themselves, but contain information (track offset, length, etc...) of audio files stored on the disk (they are invisible to filesystem). The actual "files" or tracks are VERY big streams of audio data, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the streams are in WAV format
    [hr][red][italic][b]N[/b][/red][blue]et[/blue][red][b]G[/b][/red][blue]ert[/italic][/blue][hr]

• You 'd better access ffmpeg project and try [link=http://www.free-star.org/free-dvd-ripper-freeware.html]free dvd ripper[/link] that used ffmpeg.
    Other project named cdrecord is important.