Backwars Pos or PosEx Function/Procedure

Is there a function or procedure which works backwards to find a substring in a string. Example : The main string is
"C:Program_FilesMyStuffMyAppMyDirectorySomeFile.txt" Now I want to find the first '' occuring closest to the end of the string. Which would be the one between MyDirectory and SomeFile.txt Which function or procedure is able to do this ? If I remember correctly in my former C++ days this was possible by giving a negative stating point in a C++ function.

Zapperon
[email protected]

Comments

• : Is there a function or procedure which works backwards to find a substring in a string. Example : The main string is
    : "C:Program_FilesMyStuffMyAppMyDirectorySomeFile.txt" Now I want to find the first '' occuring closest to the end of the string. Which would be the one between MyDirectory and SomeFile.txt Which function or procedure is able to do this ? If I remember correctly in my former C++ days this was possible by giving a negative stating point in a C++ function.
    :
    :
    : Zapperon
    : [email protected]
    :
    Check out the LastDelimiter() function for this.
  • Thanks , luckily that will work for now but what do I do when I want to serahc for a real substring and not just one character ?

: : Is there a function or procedure which works backwards to find a substring in a string. Example : The main string is
    : : "C:Program_FilesMyStuffMyAppMyDirectorySomeFile.txt" Now I want to find the first '' occuring closest to the end of the string. Which would be the one between MyDirectory and SomeFile.txt Which function or procedure is able to do this ? If I remember correctly in my former C++ days this was possible by giving a negative stating point in a C++ function.
    : :
    : : Zapperon
    : : [email protected]
    : Check out the LastDelimiter() function for this.
    :

Zapperon
    [email protected]

• : Thanks , luckily that will work for now but what do I do when I want to serahc for a real substring and not just one character ?
    :
    :
    : : : Is there a function or procedure which works backwards to find a substring in a string. Example : The main string is
    : : : "C:Program_FilesMyStuffMyAppMyDirectorySomeFile.txt" Now I want to find the first '' occuring closest to the end of the string. Which would be the one between MyDirectory and SomeFile.txt Which function or procedure is able to do this ? If I remember correctly in my former C++ days this was possible by giving a negative stating point in a C++ function.
    : : :
    : : : Zapperon
    : : : [email protected]
    : : Check out the LastDelimiter() function for this.
    :
    :
    :
    : Zapperon
    : [email protected]
    :
    :
    Then you'll have to write your own, but that shouldn't be too hard. Or perhaps find one on the net.
  • : : Thanks , luckily that will work for now but what do I do when I want to serahc for a real substring and not just one character ?
    : : : : Is there a function or procedure which works backwards to find a substring in a string. Example : The main string is
    : : : : "C:Program_FilesMyStuffMyAppMyDirectorySomeFile.txt" Now I want to find the first '' occuring closest to the end of the string. Which would be the one between MyDirectory and SomeFile.txt Which function or procedure is able to do this ? If I remember correctly in my former C++ days this was possible by giving a negative stating point in a C++ function.
    : : : :
    : : : : Zapperon
    : : : : [email protected]
    : : : Check out the LastDelimiter() function for this.
    : : Zapperon
    : : [email protected]
    : Then you'll have to write your own, but that shouldn't be too hard. Or perhaps find one on the net.
    :

Thanks

Zapperon
    [email protected]