Scanning Documents into PictureBox in Visual Basic

Hello,

I am currently working on an application in Visual Basic.NET and I need a way to scan a document in PaperPort or whatever and have it sent into Visual Basic. I am able to get PaperPort to open Visual Basic, but I need to know how to put the scanned image in the PictureBox control.

If anyone can give me a clue on how to do this, It would be greatly greatly greatly appreciated.

Thank You Sincerely.

Craig.

Comments

• i have no idea how to do this but can say that what you need to research is how to use the TWAIN driver in vb.

: Hello,
    :
    : I am currently working on an application in Visual Basic.NET and I need a way to scan a document in PaperPort or whatever and have it sent into Visual Basic. I am able to get PaperPort to open Visual Basic, but I need to know how to put the scanned image in the PictureBox control.
    :
    : If anyone can give me a clue on how to do this, It would be greatly greatly greatly appreciated.
    :
    : Thank You Sincerely.
    :
    : Craig.
    :
    :

[red]ph[/red][blue][/blue][red]t[/red]
    [red]http://jmcivor.com[/red]
    [red]phet@shaw.ca[/red]

• Well.. There might be a resource that comes with the scanner? I know that Wang Imaging SW that came with windows 98 or office 97 ( I think ) had some resources ( an OCX and an activeX dll if I remember correctly ) that could do this easily. I did try it out and it was no problem.
  • : Well.. There might be a resource that comes with the scanner? I know that Wang Imaging SW that came with windows 98 or office 97 ( I think ) had some resources ( an OCX and an activeX dll if I remember correctly ) that could do this easily. I did try it out and it was no problem.
    :
    Not sure about .NET but VB 6 works with Kodak Imaging.
  • : : Well.. There might be a resource that comes with the scanner? I know that Wang Imaging SW that came with windows 98 or office 97 ( I think ) had some resources ( an OCX and an activeX dll if I remember correctly ) that could do this easily. I did try it out and it was no problem.
    : :
    : Not sure about .NET but VB 6 works with Kodak Imaging.
    :
    eiStream Imaging for windwos is it called now days.
    You can download a 14 days trail from this link:
    http://www.eistream.com/default.asp?IsDev=False&NodeId=1924

[hr]

[b][blue]//MicroDot[/blue][/b]

• [b][red]This message was edited by kel1981b at 2004-9-13 12:6:49[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : Well.. There might be a resource that comes with the scanner? I know that Wang Imaging SW that came with windows 98 or office 97 ( I think ) had some resources ( an OCX and an activeX dll if I remember correctly ) that could do this easily. I did try it out and it was no problem.
    : : :
    : : Not sure about .NET but VB 6 works with Kodak Imaging.
    : eiStream Imaging for windwos is it called now days.
    : You can download a 14 days trail from this link:
    : http://www.eistream.com/default.asp?IsDev=False&NodeId=1924
    :
    :
    :
    In my Win 2000 and Win XP machines ist's still called Imagine and it's free.

• : [b][red]This message was edited by kel1981b at 2004-9-13 12:6:49[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : : Well.. There might be a resource that comes with the scanner? I know that Wang Imaging SW that came with windows 98 or office 97 ( I think ) had some resources ( an OCX and an activeX dll if I remember correctly ) that could do this easily. I did try it out and it was no problem.
    : : : :
    : : : Not sure about .NET but VB 6 works with Kodak Imaging.
    : : :
    : : eiStream Imaging for windwos is it called now days.
    : : You can download a 14 days trail from this link:
    : : http://www.eistream.com/default.asp?IsDev=False&NodeId=1924
    : In my Win 2000 and Win XP machines ist's still called Imagine and it's free.
    :
    :
    :

Imaging is not distributed with XP and in 2000 you dont have all the imaging functions as you have in the retail version(formaly known as Imaging Professional).

[hr]

[b][blue]//MicroDot[/blue][/b]

• : Imaging is not distributed with XP and in 2000
    [blue] Not correct. It's distribited and I use it in my applications [/blue]
    you dont have all the imaging functions as you have in the retail version(formaly known as Imaging Professional).
    [blue]That's correct partially. To do most common things (simple scanning for example) you do not have to have Proffessional version [/blue]
    :