Screwed up royally

i wanted to clean my computer of EVERYTHING on it, so i used the command
deltree C:
i thought i could just put command.com on a floppy and load it up again. i cant. how can i put command.com, autoexec.bat and my other startup files back on again? the command prompt just asks for the location of a command interpreter. i told it A:command.com when it was on a floppy but it didnt work.

Comments

• : i wanted to clean my computer of EVERYTHING on it, so i used the command
    : deltree C:
    : i thought i could just put command.com on a floppy and load it up again. i cant. how can i put command.com, autoexec.bat and my other startup files back on again? the command prompt just asks for the location of a command interpreter. i told it A:command.com when it was on a floppy but it didnt work.
    :
    :
    boot from floppy
    A> sys c:
    then copy you autoexec and config in c:
    reboot
    : i thought i could just put command.com on a floppy and load it up again. i cant. how can i put command.com, autoexec.bat and my other startup files back on again? the command prompt just asks for the location of a command interpreter. i told it A:command.com when it was on a floppy but it didnt work.
    :
    :
    You need a bootable floppy, which you should have made before deleting your system.

You'll need to get a boot floppy from somewhere. I think there's a place on the web that has images of bootable disks, or find someone with a system you can make a floppy.

----------------
    Walt

:
    :
    You didn't mention the version of DOS you're using.

There are ways to recover the "deleted" files, but only if you haven't copied anything to the drive yet.

I hope you didn't lose anything very important...

[purple]Melissa[/purple]

• Insert the cd-rom of win 95-98-me and boot from there.
    In the menu install/boot choose boot.
    When you get a command write:
    FORMAT C: /U /S /V:NAME
    of course you has nothing in your disk, so there should not be a problem to format it again!

Dos earlier from 6.22 should has their own install software.
    If you has access to other machine,
    format a floppy with FORMAT A: /U /S /V:FLOPPY
    then copy the format.exe from where it reside in the other machine, then
    format you hard disk with that floppy and the command before!
    ---

: : i wanted to clean my computer of EVERYTHING on it, so i used the command
    : : deltree C:
    : : i thought i could just put command.com on a floppy and load it up again. i cant. how can i put command.com, autoexec.bat and my other startup files back on again? the command prompt just asks for the location of a command interpreter. i told it A:command.com when it was on a floppy but it didnt work.
    : :
    : :
    : You didn't mention the version of DOS you're using.
    :
    : There are ways to recover the "deleted" files, but only if you haven't copied anything to the drive yet.
    :
    : I hope you didn't lose anything very important...
    :
    :
    :
    :
    : [purple]Melissa[/purple]
    :
    :

• So are you all giving up on trying to recover any files? going ahead and doing a format or sys will start to decrease your chances of recovery.

Do you have a spare hard drive available (or could you get one)? If so, we can work on recovering things.

Unless there's nothing good to recover?

[purple]Melissa[/purple]

• Whats the point in that...
    S/He already said, And I quote...

[blue]
    i wanted to clean my computer of EVERYTHING on it, so i used the command
    deltree C:
    [/blue]

----
    : So are you all giving up on trying to recover any files? going ahead and doing a format or sys will start to decrease your chances of recovery.
    :
    : Do you have a spare hard drive available (or could you get one)? If so, we can work on recovering things.
    :
    : Unless there's nothing good to recover?
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :

• : So are you all giving up on trying to recover any files? going ahead and doing a format or sys will start to decrease your chances of recovery.
    :
    : Do you have a spare hard drive available (or could you get one)? If so, we can work on recovering things.
    :
    : Unless there's nothing good to recover?
    :
    :
    :
    :
    I dont care about recovering anything, I just want to access the memory on my harddrive. I have a boot disk and command.com that works now (DOS came with my computer that I got a couple years ago with windows 98) so I just need to know how to get access to the harddrive now. A friend told me to use fdisk but it didnt detect the harddrive. Thanks for all your help. I appreciate it.
    :
    :