Form Default Position

In my MDI application, I have set the child form's POSITION property to poDefault. This results in the form initially appearing wider and shorter than what it is at design time.

This is no problem because I have set all the form's "Background Controls" (ie Panels, Datagrids etc) alignment properties.

Unfortunately, the form's "Foreground Controls" (ie edit boxes, buttons etc) have no alignment properties so when the form is launched, these controls appear exactly the way they are arranged at design time while the form is extended to the right.

This leaves an empty space between the right most controls and the forms right edge.

How do I prevent this. Anchoring the controls doesn't help.

Comments

• : In my MDI application, I have set the child form's POSITION property to poDefault. This results in the form initially appearing wider and shorter than what it is at design time.
    :
    : This is no problem because I have set all the form's "Background Controls" (ie Panels, Datagrids etc) alignment properties.
    :
    : Unfortunately, the form's "Foreground Controls" (ie edit boxes, buttons etc) have no alignment properties so when the form is launched, these controls appear exactly the way they are arranged at design time while the form is extended to the right.
    :
    : This leaves an empty space between the right most controls and the forms right edge.
    :
    : How do I prevent this. Anchoring the controls doesn't help.
    :
    :
    You can always recalculate the control's position in the OnResize() of the form.
  • I had the same problem, but i almost fixed it by using the Anchors property of the foreground components. It is worth trying.

: : In my MDI application, I have set the child form's POSITION property to poDefault. This results in the form initially appearing wider and shorter than what it is at design time.
    : :
    : : This is no problem because I have set all the form's "Background Controls" (ie Panels, Datagrids etc) alignment properties.
    : : Unfortunately, the form's "Foreground Controls" (ie edit boxes, buttons etc) have no alignment properties so when the form is launched, these controls appear exactly the way they are arranged at design time while the form is extended to the right.
    : : This leaves an empty space between the right most controls and the forms right edge.
    : : How do I prevent this. Anchoring the controls doesn't help.
    : You can always recalculate the control's position in the OnResize() of the form.
    :