Program

I am doing computing for A-Level and i seem to be stuck:

Write a program which allows a user to input a sentance terminated by a full stop. The program is to count and disply the number of words in the sentence, and also count and display the number of words over 3 letters.

Please Help!!!
Thanks, in Advance

p.s.I've tried and tried and just can't do it, specify in detail please. This is just too advanced foer me. If you can't give me the entire pascal code, please hint me in the right direction.

Comments

• : I am doing computing for A-Level and i seem to be stuck:
    :
    : Write a program which allows a user to input a sentance terminated by a full stop. The program is to count and disply the number of words in the sentence, and also count and display the number of words over 3 letters.
    :
    : Please Help!!!
    : Thanks, in Advance
    :
    : p.s.I've tried and tried and just can't do it, specify in detail please. This is just too advanced foer me. If you can't give me the entire pascal code, please hint me in the right direction.
    :
    Post you're code you have written soo far and we will help you, but we won't do you're homework.
  • [b][red]This message was edited by zibadian at 2004-10-2 8:30:22[/red][/b][hr]
    : : I am doing computing for A-Level and i seem to be stuck:
    : :
    : : Write a program which allows a user to input a sentance terminated by a full stop. The program is to count and disply the number of words in the sentence, and also count and display the number of words over 3 letters.
    : : Please Help!!!
    : : Thanks, in Advance
    : : p.s.I've tried and tried and just can't do it, specify in detail please. This is just too advanced foer me. If you can't give me the entire pascal code, please hint me in the right direction.
    : Post you're code you have written soo far and we will help you, but we won't do you're homework.
    :
    I have given you almost the complete code in this post: http://www.programmersheaven.com/c/MsgBoard/read.asp?Board=16&MsgID=275879&Setting=A0007F0001

This psuedocode is almost complete to the individual statements. If you had questions about it, why didn't you continue that thread? Instead of asking the same question again from start, hoping some-one would provide you with the entire code.

To show you I'm a nice guy, I'm willing to write your program, if you're willing to write my program.

• : [b][red]This message was edited by zibadian at 2004-10-2 8:30:22[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : I am doing computing for A-Level and i seem to be stuck:
    : : :
    : : : Write a program which allows a user to input a sentance terminated by a full stop. The program is to count and disply the number of words in the sentence, and also count and display the number of words over 3 letters.
    : : : Please Help!!!
    : : : Thanks, in Advance
    : : : p.s.I've tried and tried and just can't do it, specify in detail please. This is just too advanced foer me. If you can't give me the entire pascal code, please hint me in the right direction.
    : : Post you're code you have written soo far and we will help you, but we won't do you're homework.
    : I have given you almost the complete code in this post: http://www.programmersheaven.com/c/MsgBoard/read.asp?Board=16&MsgID=275879&Setting=A0007F0001
    :
    : This psuedocode is almost complete to the individual statements. If you had questions about it, why didn't you continue that thread? Instead of asking the same question again from start, hoping some-one would provide you with the entire code.
    :
    : To show you I'm a nice guy, I'm willing to write your program, if you're willing to write my program.
    :
    :
    :
    lol, i dont think there's much chance of me being able to do it! Thanx n e ways. Im sure the teacher will show us how to do it. #

Ive done the main body of the program its just the actual processing that i'm having trouble with.

Here's What I'Ve Done:

program numbers;
    uses crt;

var
    Three_words, words:integer;
    sentence:char;
    number_Of_spaces:integer;

const
    space= ' ';

procedure initialise;
    begin
    Three_words:=0;
    words:=0;

end;

procedure input_and_process;
    begin
    Writeln ('Please Enter Your Sentence (And Press Enter When You Are Finished)');
    Readln (sentence);
    end;

procedure output;
    begin
    WriteLn ('The Sentence That You Have Written Is ',sentence);
    WriteLn (' The Number Of Words In The Sentence Is ',words);
    WriteLn (' The Number Of Words Over Three Characters Is ',three_words);
    end;

begin;
    clrscr;
    Initialise;
    Input_And_Process;