Grid problem !!!

Hi,
I have a grid with several columns. One of the columns have usualy very long data in it. Thus it spreads to a huge width.

Is it possible and how, to make it take several lines, in order to make its width shorter. Thus all other cells in the same row can simply grow higher and their text placed in the middle of the cell?

plz help

Comments

• : Hi,
    : I have a grid with several columns. One of the columns have usualy very long data in it. Thus it spreads to a huge width.
    :
    : Is it possible and how, to make it take several lines, in order to make its width shorter. Thus all other cells in the same row can simply grow higher and their text placed in the middle of the cell?
    :
    : plz help
    :
    [blue] I would suggest you switch to a FlexGrid. It has more controls and allows you to set the width of specific columns. Make sure you install MSFlxGrd.ocx in your WindowsSystem directory. Then add the flex grid control to your toobox. (Microsoft Flex Grid Control 6.0) [/blue]
  • : : Hi,
    : : I have a grid with several columns. One of the columns have usualy very long data in it. Thus it spreads to a huge width.
    : :
    : : Is it possible and how, to make it take several lines, in order to make its width shorter. Thus all other cells in the same row can simply grow higher and their text placed in the middle of the cell?
    : : plz help
    : [blue] I would suggest you switch to a FlexGrid. It has more controls and allows you to set the width of specific columns. Make sure you install MSFlxGrd.ocx in your WindowsSystem directory. Then add the flex grid control to your toobox. (Microsoft Flex Grid Control 6.0) [/blue]
    :

Yes i have exactly this grid in my application. Problem is if i make width to be short, i just cant see the end of the cell's text.
    But i dont see any option to make it multiple lines...
  • : : : Hi,
    : : : I have a grid with several columns. One of the columns have usualy very long data in it. Thus it spreads to a huge width.
    : : :
    : : : Is it possible and how, to make it take several lines, in order to make its width shorter. Thus all other cells in the same row can simply grow higher and their text placed in the middle of the cell?
    : : : plz help
    : : [blue] I would suggest you switch to a FlexGrid. It has more controls and allows you to set the width of specific columns. Make sure you install MSFlxGrd.ocx in your WindowsSystem directory. Then add the flex grid control to your toobox. (Microsoft Flex Grid Control 6.0) [/blue]
    :
    : Yes i have exactly this grid in my application. Problem is if i make width to be short, i just cant see the end of the cell's text.
    : But i dont see any option to make it multiple lines...
    :
    [blue] If you have the MSFlexGrid control on your form, select the control and view the properties. The last property in the list is [purple]WordWrap[/purple]. Set it to True and you should have no further problems.[/blue]
  • : : : : Hi,
    : : : : I have a grid with several columns. One of the columns have usualy very long data in it. Thus it spreads to a huge width.
    : : : :
    : : : : Is it possible and how, to make it take several lines, in order to make its width shorter. Thus all other cells in the same row can simply grow higher and their text placed in the middle of the cell?
    : : : : plz help
    : : : [blue] I would suggest you switch to a FlexGrid. It has more controls and allows you to set the width of specific columns. Make sure you install MSFlxGrd.ocx in your WindowsSystem directory. Then add the flex grid control to your toobox. (Microsoft Flex Grid Control 6.0) [/blue]
    : : Yes i have exactly this grid in my application. Problem is if i make width to be short, i just cant see the end of the cell's text.
    : : But i dont see any option to make it multiple lines...
    : [blue] If you have the MSFlexGrid control on your form, select the control and view the properties. The last property in the list is [purple]WordWrap[/purple]. Set it to True and you should have no further problems.[/blue]
    :

THANK YOU VERY MUCH. That what i needed ;)