path in Quickbasic

How can I get the path in Quickbasic?

For example, a program that opens file "text.txt" is located on "c: emp". Also the file "text.txt" is located on that directory. If I run the program from "c:" with command c: empprogram.exe , the program tries to open c: ext.txt .

So, what do I need to do to tell the program that the file is located on the same directory that the program itself?

Comments

• chdir path$

I have to put this here so the message post will be longer. I guess he got tired of people just putting blank messages up on the server... ok, that should do it. =) if you have any other questions, just post, and I'll try to help you, but I won't do your homework. (be crafty in your representation, and I just might) :-)

enjoy.

• From the command line:

CD TEMP

then run your program.

When you specify a path for executing a program, even if it's a relative path, the OS will not change directories but will run the program from where it is.

Of course, one other way of doing this is to specify a path in the file itself:

OPEN "C:TEMPTEXT.TXT" FOR BINARY ACCESS READ AS FileHandle

which will work just fine no matter what directory you run the program from.

-nek

URL:http://lss.zext.net/