network programming including DATABASE

i'm using access as a back-end in but it's gonna be networked and i don't have any idea if i should use ADO and/or put it on a DSN since it's gonna be a multi-user program.i really don't have any idea.thanks

Comments

• : i'm using access as a back-end in but it's gonna be networked and i don't have any idea if i should use ADO and/or put it on a DSN since it's gonna be a multi-user program.i really don't have any idea.thanks
    :

Well, I guess ADO will be a good choice; in fact, one of the reasons for the existence of ADO is to be a replacement for RDO (Remote Data Objects), which were previously used to manipulate databases over networks.

On a side note, DSNs have nothing to do with ADO. You can create a DSN to connect to Access through ADO using an ODBC provider depending on a DSN, but it's all. However, performance-wise, it's not recommended; you should use the JET provider for ADO instead.
  • does jet provider support transaction concurrency over multiusers of my program?and should it not be a dsn connection?