SNES Coding

Where can I find a complete manual for programming the SNES?

Thank you.

Comments

• : Where can I find a complete manual for programming the SNES?

:

To my knowledge, there is no such thing. (Beyond the various decuments available to licensed developers. However, there are many documents available (at many emulation sites) on the internet. The first thing to do is learn 65816 assembly language. Then read the docs. But be warned; every doc I've read has had inacuracies or full-blown errors in them, and unfortunately, no one

who can correct these errors (myself included) seems to have been motivated enough to write anything better. Maybe one of these days I should finish my SNES doc...

Anyway, if you have any questions about the SNES' hardware, feel free to ask me. I'll even be nice enough to admit it if you've stumped me.

Anthony Serrano

• :

: : Where can I find a complete manual for programming the SNES?

: :

:

: To my knowledge, there is no such thing. (Beyond the various decuments available to licensed developers. However, there are many documents available (at many emulation sites) on the internet. The first thing to do is learn 65816 assembly language. Then read the docs. But be warned; every doc I've read has had inacuracies or full-blown errors in them, and unfortunately, no one

: who can correct these errors (myself included) seems to have been motivated enough to write anything better. Maybe one of these days I should finish my SNES doc...

:

: Anyway, if you have any questions about the SNES' hardware, feel free to ask me. I'll even be nice enough to admit it if you've stumped me.

:

: Anthony Serrano

:

:

:

I was afraid it would end up like this (documents with flaws in them, I mean, I already knew I had to learn assembly!).

I have another question for you: How the hell do I make my own music for the SNES? I know it can be done, because the music from the ATX X-Mas Demo (by AnTroX, ofcourse) seems to be 'homegrown' instead of being ripped from a popular game.

The only program I have found so far is.... SNESSOR95, and yes: it's for ripping the samples from ROMs into seperate WAV-files. Very useful if you want to use ripped samples in your music (can actully be a great help if you're making a music and you want to use some samples from a game to make it sound more spectacular, but that's besides the point), but all I'm looking for is a tracker (Like ST3 or IT) on Wintel Brick (PC) to make the music. Even a conversion-utility would be a real help, I could use ST3/IT to make the music and then convert it to SNES with that converter.

Thanks for your support,

BodyHammeR

• : :

: : : Where can I find a complete manual for programming the SNES?

: : :

: : To my knowledge, there is no such thing. (Beyond the various decuments available to licensed developers. However, there are many documents available (at many emulation sites) on the internet. The first thing to do is learn 65816 assembly language. Then read the docs. But be warned; every doc I've read has had inacuracies or full-blown errors in them, and unfortunately, no one

: : who can correct these errors (myself included) seems to have been motivated enough to write anything better. Maybe one of these days I should finish my SNES doc...

: : Anyway, if you have any questions about the SNES' hardware, feel free to ask me. I'll even be nice enough to admit it if you've stumped me.

: : Anthony Serrano

:

: I was afraid it would end up like this (documents with flaws in them, I mean, I already knew I had to learn assembly!).

:

: I have another question for you: How the hell do I make my own music for the SNES? I know it can be done, because the music from the ATX X-Mas Demo (by AnTroX, ofcourse) seems to be 'homegrown' instead of being ripped from a popular game.

:

: The only program I have found so far is.... SNESSOR95, and yes: it's for ripping the samples from ROMs into seperate WAV-files. Very useful if you want to use ripped samples in your music (can actully be a great help if you're making a music and you want to use some samples from a game to make it sound more spectacular, but that's besides the point), but all I'm looking for is a tracker (Like ST3 or IT) on Wintel Brick (PC) to make the music. Even a conversion-utility would be a real help, I could use ST3/IT to make the music and then convert it to SNES with that converter.

:

: Thanks for your support,

:

: BodyHammeR

:

:

:

:

:

Hmmm...well there's a mother fucker in here so i won't tell you the location or the damn title.

URL:www.programforhell.com