help, how to edit a program

I dont know a lot about programming so . . .

I need to edit this program called "GBA Magic" its a program that Flashes GBA roms to a flash card. The reason I need to edit it is: when I try to upload a .sav file from my carts it tries to automatically save the file with the time and date as the filename. (11/12/02 21:34:52.sav)And I Filename cant contain "/" so it says the task cannot be completed.

Does anyone know how I can FIX this?

Comments

• That is not an easy thing to change... lol not by a long shot.

The first thing I'm wondering is, why did someone make that program like that? Did it not first get tested?

The only thing I can think of is that maybe within the program is the code that puts in the '/' character.

1. Back up the executable file to ensure that you don't mess anything up too badly before proceeding.

2. If you open the executable with a text editor, there will probably be several occurances of the '/' character. Try to find one or 2 of them together possibly near the string ".sav".

3. Try changing them to an underscore. Then save and run the modified program. See if it does what you want.

4. Keep trying to change some '/' characters and running until you get what you want or finally give up. It might work.

: I dont know a lot about programming so . . .
    :
    : I need to edit this program called "GBA Magic" its a program that Flashes GBA roms to a flash card. The reason I need to edit it is: when I try to upload a .sav file from my carts it tries to automatically save the file with the time and date as the filename. (11/12/02 21:34:52.sav)And I Filename cant contain "/" so it says the task cannot be completed.
    :
    : Does anyone know how I can FIX this?
    :
    :

• Theres nothing wrong with the program. The "/" is understood by the OS as a program extension (Another file)