server.exe

hi.I have an online support project and language is visual basic.there is server.exe which runs on server and uses winsock.the server is windows2003 where server.exe runs.I connect to server via remote connection and run server.exe but when I close the remote connection,server.exe stops.is there a way that I run the server.exe like windows service which runs until somebody stops it?this is an emergency.help please.

Comments

• : hi.I have an online support project and language is visual basic.there is server.exe which runs on server and uses winsock.the server is windows2003 where server.exe runs.I connect to server via remote connection and run server.exe but when I close the remote connection,server.exe stops.is there a way that I run the server.exe like windows service which runs until somebody stops it?this is an emergency.help please.
    :

im not exactly sure what your problem is, maybe you could be a little more specific, but it sounds like your winsock isn't going back to "listen" after you disconnect. to fix it do something like this:

[code]
    Private Sub winsock1_Close()
    winsock1.Close
    winsock1.Listen
    End Sub

Private Sub winsock1_OnError([b]...[/b])
    winsock1.Close
    winsock1.Listen
    End Sub
    [/code]

i think thats the right notation.. i dont have vb installed right now so sorry i cant check on it, but that should be enough to get it to do what you want.
  • : im not exactly sure what your problem is, maybe you could be a little more specific, but it sounds like your winsock isn't going back to "listen" after you disconnect. to fix it do something like this:
    :
    : [code]
    : Private Sub winsock1_Close()
    : winsock1.Close
    : winsock1.Listen
    : End Sub
    :
    : Private Sub winsock1_OnError([b]...[/b])
    : winsock1.Close
    : winsock1.Listen
    : End Sub
    : [/code]
    :
    : i think thats the right notation.. i dont have vb installed right now so sorry i cant check on it, but that should be enough to get it to do what you want.
    :
    >>my problem is not about coding.server is windows2003 and it is not in our office.so I connect it via remote connection and run myserv.exe.the program is running fine on server.but when you log off windows server(close remote connection) ,myserv.exe shuts down.how can I prevent this?
  • : >>my problem is not about coding.server is windows2003 and it is not in our office.so I connect it via remote connection and run myserv.exe.the program is running fine on server.but when you log off windows server(close remote connection) ,myserv.exe shuts down.how can I prevent this?

You're right about making it a service. I don't know how to do it myself, but our network admin guy says he can make any executable a service. I'm guessing it should be pretty simple. Try googling for it.

[size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]

[code]
    $ select * from users where clue > 0
    no rows returned
    [/code]

• : : >>my problem is not about coding.server is windows2003 and it is not in our office.so I connect it via remote connection and run myserv.exe.the program is running fine on server.but when you log off windows server(close remote connection) ,myserv.exe shuts down.how can I prevent this?
    :
    : You're right about making it a service. I don't know how to do it myself, but our network admin guy says he can make any executable a service. I'm guessing it should be pretty simple. Try googling for it.
    :
    :
    : [size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]
    :
    : [code]
    : $ select * from users where clue > 0
    : no rows returned
    : [/code]
    :
    :
    Try http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q137890/