Speed

2»

Comments

• : Gosh, really??? 8-O
    : That's wonderful! You realize, since any file can be compressed to the same archive of 0 bytes, by decompressing an archive you can generate whatever program you may want, all absolutely free!!!! That's a great innovation! :-D
    :

Sorry, but it is obvious to me that you don't understand very much about this topic. Maybe you should read some introductory books on computers.

Anyway your assumption is wrong. The only problem I have with my algorythm is that somehow decompression doesn't work yet. Very strange.
  • : : Gosh, really??? 8-O
    : : That's wonderful! You realize, since any file can be compressed to the same archive of 0 bytes, by decompressing an archive you can generate whatever program you may want, all absolutely free!!!! That's a great innovation! :-D
    : :
    :
    : Sorry, but it is obvious to me that you don't understand very much about this topic. Maybe you should read some introductory books on computers.
    :
    : Anyway your assumption is wrong. The only problem I have with my algorythm is that somehow decompression doesn't work yet. Very strange.
    :

ok,i suggest you make yourself familiar with the work of claude shannon on which most data-encoding today is based.its about the word 'information' and what its all about.you can change the way a information is encoded,but as more information a packet carries as more bits are needed to encode the package.

in generell all compression algorithms dont loose any informations,they just optimize the symbol size ot reduze filesize.however,in some multimedia files some informations arnt as important than others and you can save some bytes by throw some data away.mp3 and jpg are 2 examples for data-llosing compression.

google for information,entropie,optimal coding,shannon,fano
    and read it carefully.afterwards go to your local patent office and you get a rich man by founding out that 150 years of information theory are outdated ;)
  • [b][red]This message was edited by octavio2 at 2005-3-8 15:25:31[/red][/b][hr]
    : Gosh, really??? 8-O
    : That's wonderful! You realize, since any file can be compressed to the same archive of 0 bytes, by decompressing an archive you can generate whatever program you may want, all absolutely free!!!! That's a great innovation! :-D
    :

Is not a innovation at all latest DOS versions include a compressor and a decompressor that compress any file to 0 bytes in a insignificant amount of time, the only problem is that with those leves
    of compresion Quantum Mechanics become very important and because of the Uncertainty Principle from Werner Heisenberg some times the file can not be decompresed.
    compression programs are 'delete' and 'undelete' :)

• : [b][red]This message was edited by octavio2 at 2005-3-8 15:25:31[/red][/b][hr]
    : : Gosh, really??? 8-O
    : : That's wonderful! You realize, since any file can be compressed to the same archive of 0 bytes, by decompressing an archive you can generate whatever program you may want, all absolutely free!!!! That's a great innovation! :-D
    : :
    :
    : Is not a innovation at all latest DOS versions include a compressor and a decompressor that compress any file to 0 bytes in a insignificant amount of time, the only problem is that with those leves
    : of compresion Quantum Mechanics become very important and because of the Uncertainty Principle from Werner Heisenberg some times the file can not be decompresed.
    : compression programs are 'delete' and 'undelete' :)
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    LOL! Couldn't imagine x86 asm was so funny :)
  • hi,guys, i wanna to make compressor from HUFFMAN ALGORITHM.
    i know how it assign frequencies to bytes, but m unable to translate it in Code X86Asm.
    can any one help.
  • I've lost the code, otherwise, would have published here or sent to you guys to see what went wrong in it?