controls

Hi,

I'm starting to learn ASP.Net. I'm having trouble with server controls. They don't show up in the browser? If I place a label and a button in the form only the label shows up, and not where I placed it by the way.

Any help is appreciated
fbel

Comments

• : Hi,
    :
    : I'm starting to learn ASP.Net. I'm having trouble with server controls. They don't show up in the browser? If I place a label and a button in the form only the label shows up, and not where I placed it by the way.
    :
    : Any help is appreciated
    : fbel
    :
    :
    :
    hi ,
    you should use tables and insert the controls in each row or columns .. the table will hold the control to a specified place.
    you cannot see the server controls ... i am not sure about it , actually even i had faced this problem before , i think something with your IIS setting .... check whether it supports all file like .aspx,etc

• : : Hi,
    : :
    : : I'm starting to learn ASP.Net. I'm having trouble with server controls. They don't show up in the browser? If I place a label and a button in the form only the label shows up, and not where I placed it by the way.
    : : Any help is appreciated
    : : fbel
    : hi ,
    : you should use tables and insert the controls in each row or columns .. the table will hold the control to a specified place.
    : you cannot see the server controls ... i am not sure about it , actually even i had faced this problem before , i think something with your IIS setting .... check whether it supports all file like .aspx,etc
    :
    :
    : Hi,
    Thanks for the reply. I looked at the IIS settings and they seem ok to me, mind you I'm not sure how to check if they support .aspx files.

Can you provide more advice?

Thank you
    fbel

• : : : Hi,
    : : :
    : : : I'm starting to learn ASP.Net. I'm having trouble with server controls. They don't show up in the browser? If I place a label and a button in the form only the label shows up, and not where I placed it by the way.
    : : : Any help is appreciated
    : : : fbel
    : : hi ,
    : : you should use tables and insert the controls in each row or columns .. the table will hold the control to a specified place.
    : : you cannot see the server controls ... i am not sure about it , actually even i had faced this problem before , i think something with your IIS setting .... check whether it supports all file like .aspx,etc
    : : Hi,
    : Thanks for the reply. I looked at the IIS settings and they seem ok to me, mind you I'm not sure how to check if they support .aspx files.
    :
    : Can you provide more advice?
    :
    : Thank you
    : fbel
    :
    :
    :

Hi,
    Go to the IIS ,you virtual directory .eg mywebsite right click and go the properties and click on the configuration button you can check in the grid there having the extension , executable path etc
    if you don't have these extension .asax , .ascx , .ashx, aspx etc , then better install dotnetframework components again , you will find it in the dot net updates cd. dotnetframework.exe

but still i am not sure whether this will solve your problem , if you send me your project in the zip file , maybe i can help you out.
    manoharalmeida@yahoo.com