Form Activated event

Hi
I want to open a form (frm2.ShowDialog) and after it will finished to load and to display it self i want it to do something.

For now i use the frm2_Activated event but when the frm2 do the action that i want i can still click on the main form buttons.

Can any one tell me how can i do that? Is this the right event?
Lee

Comments

• : Hi
    : I want to open a form (frm2.ShowDialog) and after it will finished to load and to display it self i want it to do something.
    :
    : For now i use the frm2_Activated event but when the frm2 do the action that i want i can still click on the main form buttons.
    :
    : Can any one tell me how can i do that? Is this the right event?
    : Lee
    :

Are you asking to open forms off the main form that are not modal, I.E. lock focus to that form? Try calling .Show instead of .ShowDialog

~rlc
  • As rlc says, the answer is to use Show and not ShowDialog. ShowDialog will block any attempts for you to access the original form.

You can put any action you want frm2 to take in that form's Load event.

XTab
    ----------------------------------

: : Hi
    : : I want to open a form (frm2.ShowDialog) and after it will finished to load and to display it self i want it to do something.
    : :
    : : For now i use the frm2_Activated event but when the frm2 do the action that i want i can still click on the main form buttons.
    : : Can any one tell me how can i do that? Is this the right event?
    : : Lee
    :
    : Are you asking to open forms off the main form that are not modal, I.E. lock focus to that form? Try calling .Show instead of .ShowDialog
    :
    : ~rlc
    :