Find an item in listbox

See I have listbox loaded with Name,ie Name from database.I also have a text box above the listbox.My task is to highlight the Name in the listbox,as soon as I start typing the name in textbox.

If I type 'Da' in text box the Names starting with 'Da' must be highlighted and that item must come to the top in listbox.

I need this task similar to task of "Help file in Ms word"where u type the ur interest and search for that item.

S.Guhananth

Comments

• : See I have listbox loaded with Name,ie Name from database.I also have a text box above the listbox.My task is to highlight the Name in the listbox,as soon as I start typing the name in textbox.
    :
    : If I type 'Da' in text box the Names starting with 'Da' must be highlighted and that item must come to the top in listbox.
    :
    :
    : I need this task similar to task of "Help file in Ms word"where u type the ur interest and search for that item.
    :
    :
    : S.Guhananth
    :

You need JavaScript to perform something like that ...

Go to http://www.dynamicdrive.com to see if you can find a script that already does that.