Comparing Pointers

I am working with an embedded web server which runs over ethernet (9S12NE64) and need to get it to work with secure login. Initially i'm not worried about the security so just need to get it to compare some pointers for the password and authenticate the user, but I have no idea where to start! I have an HTML login page written but dont know what to do with that either, I am pretty much a beginner btw. So can someone please give me some advice? coding in C.

Thanks.

Comments

• : I am working with an embedded web server which runs over ethernet (9S12NE64) and need to get it to work with secure login. Initially i'm not worried about the security so just need to get it to compare some pointers for the password and authenticate the user, but I have no idea where to start! I have an HTML login page written but dont know what to do with that either, I am pretty much a beginner btw. So can someone please give me some advice? coding in C.
    :
    : Thanks.
    :
    :

If you are completly new to C language then you need to learn the language before attempting to jump off the deep end. There are millions of online tutorials and thousands of books at www.amazon.com (well, that could be streatching it just a tad :-)
    http://www.its.strath.ac.uk/courses/c/

• : I am working with an embedded web server which runs over ethernet (9S12NE64) and need to get it to work with secure login. Initially i'm not worried about the security so just need to get it to compare some pointers for the password and authenticate the user, but I have no idea where to start! I have an HTML login page written but dont know what to do with that either, I am pretty much a beginner btw. So can someone please give me some advice? coding in C.
    :
    : Thanks.
    :
    :

Are you making a web server on a Freescale HCS12 mcu?! Now that is a fun project. How much do you know about the mcu? Do you have compiler, debugger, BDM, test board etc working?

HCS12 happens to be the micro I'm programming all day long (even though I'm not using the ethernet derivate), so if you have any mcu-related questions just ask, or if you aren't already a member of the 68HC12 group, then join:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/68HC12/

Very competent people on that board.

• : : I am working with an embedded web server which runs over ethernet (9S12NE64) and need to get it to work with secure login. Initially i'm not worried about the security so just need to get it to compare some pointers for the password and authenticate the user, but I have no idea where to start! I have an HTML login page written but dont know what to do with that either, I am pretty much a beginner btw. So can someone please give me some advice? coding in C.
    : :
    : : Thanks.
    :
    :
    : If you are completly new to C language then you need to learn the language before attempting to jump off the deep end. There are millions of online tutorials and thousands of books at www.amazon.com (well, that could be streatching it just a tad :-)
    : http://www.its.strath.ac.uk/courses/c/
    :
    :
    Ok, i'm not that basic I do already have books etc, and know a bit of C. And as far a jumping in at the deep end is concerned I dont have a choice as it is my job but and I've just started. So I do need some help.
  • : : I am working with an embedded web server which runs over ethernet (9S12NE64) and need to get it to work with secure login. Initially i'm not worried about the security so just need to get it to compare some pointers for the password and authenticate the user, but I have no idea where to start! I have an HTML login page written but dont know what to do with that either, I am pretty much a beginner btw. So can someone please give me some advice? coding in C.
    : : Thanks.
    :
    :
    : Are you making a web server on a Freescale HCS12 mcu?! Now that is a fun project. How much do you know about the mcu? Do you have compiler, debugger, BDM, test board etc working?
    :
    : HCS12 happens to be the micro I'm programming all day long (even though I'm not using the ethernet derivate), so if you have any mcu-related questions just ask, or if you aren't already a member of the 68HC12 group, then join:
    :
    : http://groups.yahoo.com/group/68HC12/
    :
    : Very competent people on that board.
    :
    :
    I have all of the stuff, im working with the demo board at the moment and it works. I just joined the yahoo group so i'll se whats going on there.
  • : : : I am working with an embedded web server which runs over ethernet (9S12NE64) and need to get it to work with secure login. Initially i'm not worried about the security so just need to get it to compare some pointers for the password and authenticate the user, but I have no idea where to start! I have an HTML login page written but dont know what to do with that either, I am pretty much a beginner btw. So can someone please give me some advice? coding in C.
    : : :
    : : : Thanks.
    : : If you are completly new to C language then you need to learn the language before attempting to jump off the deep end. There are millions of online tutorials and thousands of books at www.amazon.com (well, that could be streatching it just a tad :-)
    : : http://www.its.strath.ac.uk/courses/c/
    : Ok, i'm not that basic I do already have books etc, and know a bit of C. And as far a jumping in at the deep end is concerned I dont have a choice as it is my job but and I've just started. So I do need some help.
    :

I don't think you want to compare pointers, but rather the data the pointers point to. I am guessing you are pointing to strings, so the best method would be strcmp().