Problem with a table

I HATE tables (CSS rules - but I'm forced to use them this time!)

I have a nested table which uses images to create nice 'curves' at the corners (except they aren't nice, cos the table doesn't render properly).

Here is the code for the table (this is nested as part of a menu bar which can be seen at http://stneots-dateldigest.co.uk/biz/preview.php?cat=1)

The table looks perfect in Firefox, but junk in IE (the size of the bottom row makes the table look wrong).

[code]
[red] [/red]

image [red][/red]

image [red] [/red]

[/code]

I'd like to know how to make the images line up properly with the bottom row of the table - I've tried resizing the images to no avail, and resizing the cells, but nothing seems to be working.

PS - there is a chance that I may fix this soon, so the link I gave at the start may (will) eventually contain code that works (and so will no longer serve as an example).

Many thanks,

ITA

"Let us smite the evil slime eating hordes who may befall us on our quest to be the ultimate programmers of the known universe!"

Comments

• : I HATE tables (CSS rules - but I'm forced to use them this time!)
    :
    : I have a nested table which uses images to create nice 'curves' at the corners (except they aren't nice, cos the table doesn't render properly).
    :
    : Here is the code for the table (this is nested as part of a menu bar which can be seen at http://stneots-dateldigest.co.uk/biz/preview.php?cat=1)
    :
    : The table looks perfect in Firefox, but junk in IE (the size of the bottom row makes the table look wrong).
    :
    : [code]
    :
    :
    : : :
    : [red] [/red]
    : : : : :

:
    : :

:
    : image
    :

:

:

:
    :

:

:

: image [red][/red]
    :

: image [red] [/red]
    :

:

:
    :

:
    : [/code]
    :
    : I'd like to know how to make the images line up properly with the bottom row of the table - I've tried resizing the images to no avail, and resizing the cells, but nothing seems to be working.
    :
    IIRC, IE can take spacing within a cell to mean "this cell contains text", so it will make the height of the cell the height of text in the default size for the page.

So, a fix may be to delete the whitespace between the , the image and the tags. Ugly, I know...

Jonathan

###
    for(74,117,115,116){$::a.=chr};(($_.='qwertyui')&&
    (tr/yuiqwert/her anot/))for($::b);for($::c){$_.=$^X;
    /(p.{2}l)/;$_=$1}$::b=~/(..)$/;print("$::a$::b $::c hack$1.");

• [b][red]This message was edited by ITA at 2005-5-20 9:57:11[/red][/b][hr]
    : So, a fix may be to delete the whitespace between the , the image and the tags. Ugly, I know...

thx - I didn't actually get a chance to try this one out, I'll remember it for future - instead I just created one image which contained all of the curves and stuck that inside one cell so the images don't look disjointed if the table looks wrong!

Creating yet more workarounds for things which are supposed to work anyway.

While you're there is there any chance that you can take a look at my other table problem? It is also posted on this board and involves the same website.

Many thanks.

ITA

"Let us smite the evil slime eating hordes who may befall us on our quest to be the ultimate programmers of the known universe!"