mid-function & windows 2000

I'm developing a chat programs and I use 2 PC's: one with XP on it and another with win2000. I have two problems in visual basic 6

1) The mid-function for dividing strings doesn't work in windows 2000 (it shows me an error). Exactly the same source does work in windows XP. But if I compile my project to an executable, then it does work on 2000 too. Somebody knows how this is possible???

2) My second problems has got something to do with winsock (I think). I'm using the winsock activeX in my program. If I make my program listen or connect in windows XP and then try to stop the program, VB crashes. That problem doesn't occur on the windows 2000 machine (with exactly the same source)

I'm never used VB in win2000 / XP, I always used 98. That always worked fine... Are this known issues???

thnx in advance

Comments

• : I'm developing a chat programs and I use 2 PC's: one with XP on it and another with win2000. I have two problems in visual basic 6
    :
    : 1) The mid-function for dividing strings doesn't work in windows 2000 (it shows me an error). Exactly the same source does work in windows XP. But if I compile my project to an executable, then it does work on 2000 too. Somebody knows how this is possible???
    :
    : 2) My second problems has got something to do with winsock (I think). I'm using the winsock activeX in my program. If I make my program listen or connect in windows XP and then try to stop the program, VB crashes. That problem doesn't occur on the windows 2000 machine (with exactly the same source)
    :
    : I'm never used VB in win2000 / XP, I always used 98. That always worked fine... Are this known issues???
    :
    : thnx in advance
    :
    Hi.

Can you post the Mid() code.
  • Hi

I think one problem has been solved.
    I solved the winsock problem by using the "netsh winsock reset catalog" in DOS.
    About the mid function in windows 2000, this problem only occurs in one specific program. I don't know what causes it...
    I noticed that normally if you type "mid" and then a "(" a tooltip popups but in the project where the mid function doesn't work there's no tooltip...
    If I run the program with a mid function anywhere in the code it pops up an error: "Can't find project or library"
    I'm not sure what this means...

I use the mid function like this:
    tmpStr = Mid(Str, start, length)

I think the project is too big to post the complete code
  • : Hi
    :
    : I think one problem has been solved.
    : I solved the winsock problem by using the "netsh winsock reset catalog" in DOS.
    : About the mid function in windows 2000, this problem only occurs in one specific program. I don't know what causes it...
    : I noticed that normally if you type "mid" and then a "(" a tooltip popups but in the project where the mid function doesn't work there's no tooltip...
    : If I run the program with a mid function anywhere in the code it pops up an error: "Can't find project or library"
    : I'm not sure what this means...
    :
    : I use the mid function like this:
    : tmpStr = Mid(Str, start, length)
    :
    : I think the project is too big to post the complete code

I find that the same thing happens with the Left and Right functions when there is a syntax or reference error in the code. Try compiling the code when you find that you're not getting the intellisense tip on basic built-in functions.

If that doesn't help, check the project's references to make sure none of them are marked MISSING:, and that you have the four standard components referenced:

Visual Basic for Applications
    Visual Basic runtime objects and procedures
    Visual Basic objects and procedures
    OLE Automation

[size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]

[code]
    $ select * from users where clue > 0
    no rows returned
    [/code]