_cgets() Problem

2»

Comments

• [red]
    I find the conversation interesting, but you are right: it doesn't really help me solve my problem:
    Why does _cgets() fail? Or, if that cannot be answered:
    What function do I use for user input?

Thanks for all the replies anyway... Guess Microsoft decided to 'expand' the C standard...

Greets...
    Richard
    [/red]

[green]
    Hey Richard, try this and see if it works. I read it somewhere on the net. By the way, fflush() wouldn't of worked anyways since _gets() is console input not stream so thats what lead me to this solution. I would still like to recommend using fgets(). In my opinion, it a far better choice to get input.

[code]
    _cgets(buffer);
    _getch(); /* gets rid of the '
    ' according to what I have read */
    [/code]

[/green]

• : [red]
    : I find the conversation interesting, but you are right: it doesn't really help me solve my problem:
    : Why does _cgets() fail? Or, if that cannot be answered:
    : What function do I use for user input?
    :
    : Thanks for all the replies anyway... Guess Microsoft decided to 'expand' the C standard...
    :
    : Greets...
    : Richard
    : [/red]
    :
    : [green]
    : Hey Richard, try this and see if it works. I read it somewhere on the net. By the way, fflush() wouldn't of worked anyways since _gets() is console input not stream so thats what lead me to this solution. I would still like to recommend using fgets(). In my opinion, it a far better choice to get input.
    :
    : [code]
    : _cgets(buffer);
    : _getch(); /* gets rid of the '
    ' according to what I have read */
    : [/code]
    :
    : [/green]
    :
    :

...Actually, that doesn't work :-S
    I tried this code:
    [code]
    _getch();
    _getch();
    _cgets(buffer);
    _getch();
    _getch();
    [/code]
    Just to be sure, and it still seems to fail. This is the weirdest bug I have ever seen!
    I'll try something again later, because currently I am working on a different computer... Thanks for your help!

Greets...
    Richard