What does it means exactly?

Well, I heard about VB 6 and VB.NET. Can anyone tell me what exactly it means, and the difference between them, and how they could be use. I am planning to buy a database program (for store) and locally made. I am usually lost when some one use these terms.

Can anyone clarify this.

Thanks.

Zela

Comments

• :
    : Well, I heard about VB 6 and VB.NET. Can anyone tell me what exactly it means, and the difference between them, and how they could be use. I am planning to buy a database program (for store) and locally made. I am usually lost when some one use these terms.
    :
    : Can anyone clarify this.
    :
    : Thanks.
    :
    : Zela
    :
    :
    VB 6 and VB.NET have almost nothing in common since they have completely different roots (on the surface they look similar). Anyway, both languages can be used to create a decent database application.

If you are offered two versions - one based on VB6 and the other based on VB.NET, you will have to take into consideration the machine you are going to install the database on. If you have a decent computer running Windows XP, then there is no problem running both versions. If, however, you are using Windoes 2000 or earlier, getting the .NET version can be painful since it requires a whole package of software (the .NET Framework) which comes stadard only with Windows XP. In such a case, you should choose the version made with VB6.

Hope I helped,
    Nikolay Semov

• : :
    : : Well, I heard about VB 6 and VB.NET. Can anyone tell me what exactly it means, and the difference between them, and how they could be use. I am planning to buy a database program (for store) and locally made. I am usually lost when some one use these terms.
    : :
    : : Can anyone clarify this.
    : : Thanks.
    : : Zela
    : VB 6 and VB.NET have almost nothing in common since they have completely different roots (on the surface they look similar). Anyway, both languages can be used to create a decent database application.
    :
    : If you are offered two versions - one based on VB6 and the other based on VB.NET, you will have to take into consideration the machine you are going to install the database on. If you have a decent computer running Windows XP, then there is no problem running both versions. If, however, you are using Windoes 2000 or earlier, getting the .NET version can be painful since it requires a whole package of software (the .NET Framework) which comes stadard only with Windows XP. In such a case, you should choose the version made with VB6.
    :
    : Hope I helped,
    : Nikolay Semov
    :
    :

Thanks, sure throw some light on.

Zela

• : :
    : : Well, I heard about VB 6 and VB.NET. Can anyone tell me what exactly it means, and the difference between them, and how they could be use. I am planning to buy a database program (for store) and locally made. I am usually lost when some one use these terms.
    : : Can anyone clarify this.
    : : Thanks.
    : : Zela
    : VB 6 and VB.NET have almost nothing in common since they have completely different roots (on the surface they look similar). Anyway, both languages can be used to create a decent database application.
    :
    : If you are offered two versions - one based on VB6 and the other based on VB.NET, you will have to take into consideration the machine you are going to install the database on. If you have a decent computer running Windows XP, then there is no problem running both versions. If, however, you are using Windoes 2000 or earlier, getting the .NET version can be painful since it requires a whole package of software (the .NET Framework) which comes stadard only with Windows XP. In such a case, you should choose the version made with VB6.
    :
    : Hope I helped,
    : Nikolay Semov
    :
    :
    =================
    VISUAL BASIC and the terms you mention relate to VisualBasic is a programming language which by the sounds of things you don't really want.

Sounds like you want a ready-made database program for your store?

That way you can put in an item code ( Bar-code-maybe? ) and your prices etc.
    I would consider contacting a company that could install a bar-code till system known as an EPOS ( Electronic-Point-Of-Sale ) like the beep-beep things you see in most shops.
    Behind all of this is a computer that uses a database system.

Try EPOS installation companies like look at this lot>> http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=epos+systems&meta=

Try the results i found in GOOGLE here>>
    http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=database+programs&meta=

or i would recommend one from the CD or DVD version of

PC-UTILITIES magazine, available from most decent newsagents or W.H.SMITH's.

Hope this helps. :-)

• :
    : Well, I heard about VB 6 and VB.NET. Can anyone tell me what exactly it means, and the difference between them, and how they could be use. I am planning to buy a database program (for store) and locally made. I am usually lost when some one use these terms.
    :
    : Can anyone clarify this.
    :
    : Thanks.
    :
    : Zela
    :
    :
    Hi Zela

Well whats .NET means to you??

INTERNET???

Well, thats it means

In other words, If you are looking for develop programs for localy use, .net is not the right choice!

VB.net was designed for internet applications!!!