In which Windows OS will QuickBasic 4.5 work better?

I studied computer programming in 1983 when there was no Windows. Now that I'm retired I would like to start all over again with programming and decided to begin with QuickBasic 4.5; I have explored the alternative of multiple operating systems but can't make up my mind about wich Windows OS will be better for QB45. I welcome any sugestion on the matter.

Comments

• : I studied computer programming in 1983 when there was no Windows. Now that I'm retired I would like to start all over again with programming and decided to begin with QuickBasic 4.5; I have explored the alternative of multiple operating systems but can't make up my mind about wich Windows OS will be better for QB45. I welcome any sugestion on the matter.
    :
    Don't let the OS rule you, rule the OS.

Use any OS you want. But the older the better I think.
    Try win95 or win98 or even 3.1 if you got access to it.
    I have never experiensed any crazy behavior on the new
    one's like winXP. Sometimes it frezes but that shouldn't
    be to bad.

You shouldn't hook up on this. It usually doens't matter.

[b]Niklas Ulvinge[/b] [white]aka [b]IDK[/b][/white]

• : : I studied computer programming in 1983 when there was no Windows. Now that I'm retired I would like to start all over again with programming and decided to begin with QuickBasic 4.5; I have explored the alternative of multiple operating systems but can't make up my mind about wich Windows OS will be better for QB45. I welcome any sugestion on the matter.
    : :
    : Don't let the OS rule you, rule the OS.
    :
    : Use any OS you want. But the older the better I think.
    : Try win95 or win98 or even 3.1 if you got access to it.
    : I have never experiensed any crazy behavior on the new
    : one's like winXP. Sometimes it frezes but that shouldn't
    : be to bad.
    :
    : You shouldn't hook up on this. It usually doens't matter.
    :
    : [b]Niklas Ulvinge[/b] [white]aka [b]IDK[/b][/white]
    :
    Windows XP SP2 have some problems with dos programs. You should find some patch on the net (it's about some config files removed from the system)

I found FreeBasic few days ago, and as I saw, this is what I thing should be done a long time ago - this is realy a replacement for QB. Ofcource it have some diferces, but it is realy great! It produce dos, windows and linux programs (all in 32bit on x86 platform). Give it a try.