ShiftKey command

Can anyone give me and/or syntax for the ShiftKey command? I was trying to write a script in Dragon NaturallySpeaking that uses Visual Basic and I need a script that will hold down the shift key while pressing the left mouse button. I have been getting a syntax error on the ShiftKey 1, 1.

Thanks,
Doug

Comments

• : Can anyone give me and/or syntax for the ShiftKey command? I was trying to write a script in Dragon NaturallySpeaking that uses Visual Basic and I need a script that will hold down the shift key while pressing the left mouse button. I have been getting a syntax error on the ShiftKey 1, 1.
    :
    : Thanks,
    : Doug
    :

Do you want the script to control the mouse and keyboard, or do you want the script to handle mouse and keyboard events?

If the latter, use this:
    [code]

Private Sub Form_MouseDown(Button As Integer, Shift As Integer, X As Single, Y As Single)

If Shift = 1 Then
    msgbox "Shift is down"
    else
    msgbox "Shift is up"
    end if

End Sub

[/code]

_____ __________ _____
    _____-[red]SUPERJOE30[/red]-_____
    __-[red]Superjoe Software[/red]-__

• : : Can anyone give me and/or syntax for the ShiftKey command? I was trying to write a script in Dragon NaturallySpeaking that uses Visual Basic and I need a script that will hold down the shift key while pressing the left mouse button. I have been getting a syntax error on the ShiftKey 1, 1.
    : :
    : : Thanks,
    : : Doug
    :
    : Do you want the script to control the mouse and keyboard, or do you want the script to handle mouse and keyboard events?
    :
    : If the latter, use this:
    : [code]
    :
    : Private Sub Form_MouseDown(Button As Integer, Shift As Integer, X As Single, Y As Single)
    :
    : If Shift = 1 Then
    : msgbox "Shift is down"
    : else
    : msgbox "Shift is up"
    : end if
    :
    : End Sub
    :
    I want it to control the mouse and keyboard. I'm a quadriplegic and I use Dragon NaturallySpeaking exclusively to run my computer. When I am in Internet Explorer, I cannot go to a link and press the shift key and click the mouse to open the link in new window. The advanced scripting uses "most" Visual Basic commands. Someone had given the following lines to accomplish it, but I get a syntax error on the ShiftKey 1, 1 line.

ShiftKey 1, 1
    ButtonClick 1, 1
    ShiftKey 0, 1

Thanks,
    Doug

• : : : Can anyone give me and/or syntax for the ShiftKey command? I was trying to write a script in Dragon NaturallySpeaking that uses Visual Basic and I need a script that will hold down the shift key while pressing the left mouse button. I have been getting a syntax error on the ShiftKey 1, 1.
    : : :
    : : : Thanks,
    : : : Doug
    : : :
    : : Do you want the script to control the mouse and keyboard, or do you want the script to handle mouse and keyboard events?
    : : If the latter, use this:
    : : [code]
    : : Private Sub Form_MouseDown(Button As Integer, Shift As Integer, X As Single, Y As Single)
    : : If Shift = 1 Then
    : : msgbox "Shift is down"
    : : else
    : : msgbox "Shift is up"
    : : end if
    : : End Sub
    [/code]
    : I want it to control the mouse and keyboard. I'm a quadriplegic and I use Dragon NaturallySpeaking exclusively to run my computer. When I am in Internet Explorer, I cannot go to a link and press the shift key and click the mouse to open the link in new window. The advanced scripting uses "most" Visual Basic commands. Someone had given the following lines to accomplish it, but I get a syntax error on the ShiftKey 1, 1 line.
    :
    : ShiftKey 1, 1
    : ButtonClick 1, 1
    : ShiftKey 0, 1
    :
    : Thanks,
    : Doug
    :
    :

Here are some windows API that you can use to control the mouse and the keyboard:

[code]

'key board
    Const KEYEVENTF_EXTENDEDKEY = &H1
    Const KEYEVENTF_KEYUP = &H2
    Private Declare Sub keybd_event Lib "user32" (ByVal bVk As Byte, ByVal bScan As Byte, ByVal dwFlags As Long, ByVal dwExtraInfo As Long)
    Private Declare Function GetKeyState Lib "user32" (ByVal vVirtKey As Long) As Integer

'mouse
    Private Type PointAPI
    X As Long
    Y As Long
    End Type
    Private Declare Function SetCursorPos Lib "user32" (ByVal X As Long, ByVal Y As Long) As Long
    Private Declare Function GetCursorPos Lib "user32" (lpPoint As PointAPI) As Long
    Private Declare Sub mouse_event Lib "user32" (ByVal dwFlags As Long, ByVal dx As Long, ByVal dy As Long, ByVal cButtons As Long, ByVal dwExtraInfo As Long)
    Private Const MOUSEEVENTF_ABSOLUTE = &H8000 ' absolute move
    Private Const MOUSEEVENTF_LEFTDOWN = &H2 ' left button down
    Private Const MOUSEEVENTF_LEFTUP = &H4 ' left button up
    Private Const MOUSEEVENTF_MIDDLEDOWN = &H20 ' middle button down
    Private Const MOUSEEVENTF_MIDDLEUP = &H40 ' middle button up
    Private Const MOUSEEVENTF_MOVE = &H1 ' mouse move
    Private Const MOUSEEVENTF_RIGHTDOWN = &H8 ' right button down
    Private Const MOUSEEVENTF_RIGHTUP = &H10 ' right button up
    [/code]

So if you want to check the mouse position, use:
    [code]
    Dim Pt As PointAPI