QB multi-music

I have been writing some music files in basic using the play command, I was wondering, how can you play two or three pecies of music at the same time In qbasic. any help what-so-ever would be greatly apreciated.

-Margalo ;-)

Comments

• : I have been writing some music files in basic using the play command, I was wondering, how can you play two or three pecies of music at the same time In qbasic. any help what-so-ever would be greatly apreciated.
    :
    : -Margalo ;-)
    :
    On C64 you could do that easily, simply add a new parameter like this:
    PLAY "CDE","ML CDE","MS CDE"
    And it would play cde in stegato, legato and normal (cant remember the
    nice name for it).

I don't know how to do it in QBASIC.

[b]Niklas Ulvinge[/b] [white]aka [b]IDK[/b][/white]

• : : I have been writing some music files in basic using the play command, I was wondering, how can you play two or three pecies of music at the same time In qbasic. any help what-so-ever would be greatly apreciated.
    : :
    : : -Margalo ;-)
    : On C64 you could do that easily, simply add a new parameter like this:
    : PLAY "CDE","ML CDE","MS CDE"
    : And it would play cde in stegato, legato and normal (cant remember the
    : nice name for it).
    :
    : I don't know how to do it in QBASIC.
    :
    : [b]Niklas Ulvinge[/b] [white]aka [b]IDK[/b][/white]
    :
    :
    Well thanks but If you do this it plays them one after another and I have to make it all at the same time, (i'm also useing Qbasic) but thanks anyway

-Margalo ;-)
  • : : : I have been writing some music files in basic using the play command, I was wondering, how can you play two or three pecies of music at the same time In qbasic. any help what-so-ever would be greatly apreciated.
    : : :
    : : : -Margalo ;-)
    : : On C64 you could do that easily, simply add a new parameter like this:
    : : PLAY "CDE","ML CDE","MS CDE"
    : : And it would play cde in stegato, legato and normal (cant remember the
    : : nice name for it).
    : : I don't know how to do it in QBASIC.
    : : [b]Niklas Ulvinge[/b] [white]aka [b]IDK[/b][/white]
    : Well thanks but If you do this it plays them one after another and I have to make it all at the same time, (i'm also useing Qbasic) but thanks anyway
    :
    : -Margalo ;-)
    :
    You could make a program that comunicated with your soundcard. Search
    the web for you soundcard and programming and you could find a lot of
    info.

I think a lot of soundcards is compatible with soundblaster, in all
    old dos games I usually got soundblaster, wich I don't got in reality.

I've tried some things and it wont work, like sound and play cant play
    at the same time.

• : : : : I have been writing some music files in basic using the play command, I was wondering, how can you play two or three pecies of music at the same time In qbasic. any help what-so-ever would be greatly apreciated.
    : : : :
    : : : : -Margalo ;-)
    : : : On C64 you could do that easily, simply add a new parameter like this:
    : : : PLAY "CDE","ML CDE","MS CDE"
    : : : And it would play cde in stegato, legato and normal (cant remember the
    : : : nice name for it).
    : : : I don't know how to do it in QBASIC.
    : : : [b]Niklas Ulvinge[/b] [white]aka [b]IDK[/b][/white]
    : : Well thanks but If you do this it plays them one after another and I have to make it all at the same time, (i'm also useing Qbasic) but thanks anyway
    : : -Margalo ;-)
    : You could make a program that comunicated with your soundcard. Search
    : the web for you soundcard and programming and you could find a lot of
    : info.
    :
    : I think a lot of soundcards is compatible with soundblaster, in all
    : old dos games I usually got soundblaster, wich I don't got in reality.
    :
    : I've tried some things and it wont work, like sound and play cant play
    : at the same time.
    :
    :
    :
    Well, IDK is right, the only way to do this within QBASIC is to communicate with your soundcard. You can use ADLIB as well, as a simple music playing system. I don't know what version of QBASIC do you have(does it support ASM or not), but I would use some assembly - if interested in some code/documentation just let me know(it's too detailed, won't fit here).

By the way, let me note that the original C64 does not have any PLAY functions. (It uses a SID chip which was one of the 10 most intelligent chips in the '80s) In sound/music systematics C64 BASIC 2.0 and QBASIC has nothing common.
    Any questions? Just ask!

:-) [b][blue]GAASHIUS[/blue][/b] :-)

• : : : : : I have been writing some music files in basic using the play command, I was wondering, how can you play two or three pecies of music at the same time In qbasic. any help what-so-ever would be greatly apreciated.
    : : : : :
    : : : : : -Margalo ;-)
    : : : : On C64 you could do that easily, simply add a new parameter like this:
    : : : : PLAY "CDE","ML CDE","MS CDE"
    : : : : And it would play cde in stegato, legato and normal (cant remember the
    : : : : nice name for it).
    : : : : I don't know how to do it in QBASIC.
    : : : : [b]Niklas Ulvinge[/b] [white]aka [b]IDK[/b][/white]
    : : : Well thanks but If you do this it plays them one after another and I have to make it all at the same time, (i'm also useing Qbasic) but thanks anyway
    : : : -Margalo ;-)
    : : You could make a program that comunicated with your soundcard. Search
    : : the web for you soundcard and programming and you could find a lot of
    : : info.
    : : I think a lot of soundcards is compatible with soundblaster, in all
    : : old dos games I usually got soundblaster, wich I don't got in reality.
    : : I've tried some things and it wont work, like sound and play cant play
    : : at the same time.
    : : [b]Niklas Ulvinge[/b] [white]aka [b]IDK[/b][/white]
    : Well, IDK is right, the only way to do this within QBASIC is to communicate with your soundcard. You can use ADLIB as well, as a simple music playing system. I don't know what version of QBASIC do you have(does it support ASM or not), but I would use some assembly - if interested in some code/documentation just let me know(it's too detailed, won't fit here).
    :
    : By the way, let me note that the original C64 does not have any PLAY functions. (It uses a SID chip which was one of the 10 most intelligent chips in the '80s) In sound/music systematics C64 BASIC 2.0 and QBASIC has nothing common.
    : ****************
    : Any questions? Just ask!
    :
    : :-) [b][blue]GAASHIUS[/blue][/b] :-)
    :
    :
    :
    What is C64? I have searched by Yahoo, and all it comes up with is that Commodore 64 was an old computer, the bestselling of all time apparently. Could someone please clarify this?
  • : : : : : : I have been writing some music files in basic using the play command, I was wondering, how can you play two or three pecies of music at the same time In qbasic. any help what-so-ever would be greatly apreciated.
    : : : : : :
    : : : : : : -Margalo ;-)
    : : : : : On C64 you could do that easily, simply add a new parameter like this:
    : : : : : PLAY "CDE","ML CDE","MS CDE"
    : : : : : And it would play cde in stegato, legato and normal (cant remember the
    : : : : : nice name for it).
    : : : : : I don't know how to do it in QBASIC.
    : : : : : [b]Niklas Ulvinge[/b] [white]aka [b]IDK[/b][/white]
    : : : : Well thanks but If you do this it plays them one after another and I have to make it all at the same time, (i'm also useing Qbasic) but thanks anyway
    : : : : -Margalo ;-)
    : : : You could make a program that comunicated with your soundcard. Search
    : : : the web for you soundcard and programming and you could find a lot of
    : : : info.
    : : : I think a lot of soundcards is compatible with soundblaster, in all
    : : : old dos games I usually got soundblaster, wich I don't got in reality.
    : : : I've tried some things and it wont work, like sound and play cant play
    : : : at the same time.
    : : : [b]Niklas Ulvinge[/b] [white]aka [b]IDK[/b][/white]
    : : Well, IDK is right, the only way to do this within QBASIC is to communicate with your soundcard. You can use ADLIB as well, as a simple music playing system. I don't know what version of QBASIC do you have(does it support ASM or not), but I would use some assembly - if interested in some code/documentation just let me know(it's too detailed, won't fit here).
    : : By the way, let me note that the original C64 does not have any PLAY functions. (It uses a SID chip which was one of the 10 most intelligent chips in the '80s) In sound/music systematics C64 BASIC 2.0 and QBASIC has nothing common.
    : : ****************
    : : Any questions? Just ask!
    : : :-) [b][blue]GAASHIUS[/blue][/b] :-)
    : What is C64? I have searched by Yahoo, and all it comes up with is that Commodore 64 was an old computer, the bestselling of all time apparently. Could someone please clarify this?
    :
    Yes you got it right, it is an old computer that was very popular
    before. It used basic for programming. The whole operating system was a
    texteditor where you edited and ran basic programs.

• : : : : : : : I have been writing some music files in basic using the play command, I was wondering, how can you play two or three pecies of music at the same time In qbasic. any help what-so-ever would be greatly apreciated.
    : : : : : : :
    : : : : : : : -Margalo ;-)
    : : : : : : :
    : : : : : : On C64 you could do that easily, simply add a new parameter like this:
    : : : : : : PLAY "CDE","ML CDE","MS CDE"
    : : : : : : And it would play cde in stegato, legato and normal (cant remember the
    : : : : : : nice name for it).
    : : : : : : I don't know how to do it in QBASIC.
    : : : : : : [b]Niklas Ulvinge[/b] [white]aka [b]IDK[/b][/white]
    : : : : : Well thanks but If you do this it plays them one after another and I have to make it all at the same time, (i'm also useing Qbasic) but thanks anyway
    : : : : : -Margalo ;-)
    : : : : You could make a program that comunicated with your soundcard. Search
    : : : : the web for you soundcard and programming and you could find a lot of
    : : : : info.
    : : : : I think a lot of soundcards is compatible with soundblaster, in all
    : : : : old dos games I usually got soundblaster, wich I don't got in reality.
    : : : : I've tried some things and it wont work, like sound and play cant play
    : : : : at the same time.
    : : : : [b]Niklas Ulvinge[/b] [white]aka [b]IDK[/b][/white]
    : : : Well, IDK is right, the only way to do this within QBASIC is to communicate with your soundcard. You can use ADLIB as well, as a simple music playing system. I don't know what version of QBASIC do you have(does it support ASM or not), but I would use some assembly - if interested in some code/documentation just let me know(it's too detailed, won't fit here).
    : : : By the way, let me note that the original C64 does not have any PLAY functions. (It uses a SID chip which was one of the 10 most intelligent chips in the '80s) In sound/music systematics C64 BASIC 2.0 and QBASIC has nothing common.
    : : : ****************
    : : : Any questions? Just ask!
    : : : :-) [b][blue]GAASHIUS[/blue][/b] :-)
    : : What is C64? I have searched by Yahoo, and all it comes up with is that Commodore 64 was an old computer, the bestselling of all time apparently. Could someone please clarify this?
    : Yes you got it right, it is an old computer that was very popular
    : before. It used basic for programming. The whole operating system was a
    : texteditor where you edited and ran basic programs.
    :
    :
    :
    Ty