c win32 api spreadsheets...

hi everyone...

this is a question concerning the win32 api...

how do i make spread-sheet like interface? Just paint pretty an edit? but you can't make fields and stuff...anythin, a tutorial or a reference

another thing, i forgot, are static variables always initialized to zero? I forgot...

thanx
{2}rIng

Comments

• : another thing, i forgot, are static variables always initialized to zero? I forgot...

Yes.
  • : hi everyone...
    :
    : this is a question concerning the win32 api...
    :
    : how do i make spread-sheet like interface? Just paint pretty an edit? but you can't make fields and stuff...anythin, a tutorial or a reference
    :
    : another thing, i forgot, are static variables always initialized to zero? I forgot...
    :
    : thanx
    : {2}rIng
    :

There are several ActiveX grid controls you can use, but the only ones I know of are for MFC.
  • : : hi everyone...
    : :
    : : this is a question concerning the win32 api...
    : : how do i make spread-sheet like interface? Just paint pretty an edit? but you can't make fields and stuff...anythin, a tutorial or a reference
    : : another thing, i forgot, are static variables always initialized to zero? I forgot...
    : : thanx
    : : {2}rIng
    :
    : There are several ActiveX grid controls you can use, but the only ones I know of are for MFC.
    :

As you know, i program in C, not C++. I have no exprience with ActiveX, thats for VB, isnt it?

Also, here are other things..i thought of a generic type union...
    [code]
    typedef union g_type{
    int integer;
    double floating;
    char* string;
    }generic_u;
    [/code]

something like that

we can tehn make an array of these, they act like feilds....

we then can do this
    [code]
    typedef struct typetype{
    union{
    struct typetype* lower;
    generic_u data;}
    char type;//for the type notification, if its a field or a group
    }
    }sequence;
    [/code]

so we can have infinetly nested stuff...like EUPHORIA, if anyones heard of that...

well, pls answer if thats okay and efficient to replicate fields like in a database, and the spreasheet thing.

thanx
    {2]rIng
  • :
    : As you know, i program in C, not C++. I have no exprience with ActiveX, thats for VB, isnt it?
    [blue]They can be used in VB but can also be used by other languages. I write amd use ActiveX controls in C++, not VB. I suspect they can also be used in C programs, but I havn't done that.[/blue]
    :
    : well, pls answer if thats okay and efficient to replicate fields like in a database, and the spreasheet thing.
    :
    [blue]yes, something like that is what I use. Microsoft already has a structure called VARIANT that is used in VB, C and C++ (probably C# too) which is a union of over 20 different data types. Then there is another strcutre SAFEARRAY which is used to create multi-dimensional arrays of VARIANTs. Its a little complex but works well, especially for passing data between running programs on the same or different computers.[/blue]