making java code run on cell phone

i know that i can make software for cell phones using java. I know that i have make a .jar file in order to download the software to the cell phone throw the internet but the problem is that after downloading the software to the cell phone, an error appears, saying that "It's not possible to run application"

I'm beginning to make application to cell phones. Can you please help me on this topic? i've been searching, there's a lot of documentation on how to make applications to pda, mobille's running windows, and stuff like that but i just want to start with a simple cell phone application (I don't even know if i have to make a console application, applet,...).

thanks

Ricardo Furtado

Comments

• : i know that i can make software for cell phones using java. I know that i have make a .jar file in order to download the software to the cell phone throw the internet but the problem is that after downloading the software to the cell phone, an error appears, saying that "It's not possible to run application"
    :
    : I'm beginning to make application to cell phones. Can you please help me on this topic? i've been searching, there's a lot of documentation on how to make applications to pda, mobille's running windows, and stuff like that but i just want to start with a simple cell phone application (I don't even know if i have to make a console application, applet,...).
    :
    : thanks
    :
    : Ricardo Furtado
    :

if jar file have class of Main metod use command :

java -jar MyJar.jar

to executing program.
  • : : i know that i can make software for cell phones using java. I know that i have make a .jar file in order to download the software to the cell phone throw the internet but the problem is that after downloading the software to the cell phone, an error appears, saying that "It's not possible to run application"
    : :
    : : I'm beginning to make application to cell phones. Can you please help me on this topic? i've been searching, there's a lot of documentation on how to make applications to pda, mobille's running windows, and stuff like that but i just want to start with a simple cell phone application (I don't even know if i have to make a console application, applet,...).
    : : thanks
    : : Ricardo Furtado
    :
    :
    : if jar file have class of Main metod use command :
    :
    : java -jar MyJar.jar
    :
    : to executing program.
    :
    I doesn't work, but thanks anyway
    Do you know any web site that explains how to build cell phone applications in java? i've tried google but i only see applications for tablet pc's and stuff like that.

Thanks

Ricardo Furtado
  • : : : i know that i can make software for cell phones using java. I know that i have make a .jar file in order to download the software to the cell phone throw the internet but the problem is that after downloading the software to the cell phone, an error appears, saying that "It's not possible to run application"
    : : :
    : : : I'm beginning to make application to cell phones. Can you please help me on this topic? i've been searching, there's a lot of documentation on how to make applications to pda, mobille's running windows, and stuff like that but i just want to start with a simple cell phone application (I don't even know if i have to make a console application, applet,...).
    : : : thanks
    : : : Ricardo Furtado
    : : if jar file have class of Main metod use command :
    : : java -jar MyJar.jar
    : : to executing program.
    : I doesn't work, but thanks anyway
    : Do you know any web site that explains how to build cell phone applications in java? i've tried google but i only see applications for tablet pc's and stuff like that.
    :
    : Thanks
    :
    : Ricardo Furtado
    :

What API are you using? Here is the main link to wireless and embedded devices:

http://java.sun.com/j2me/index.jsp

[italic][blue]Just my 2 bits[/blue][italic]

• Have a look at your handset manufacturer's web site (e.g. http://www.nokia.com/nokia/0,1522,,00.html?orig=/developers ). You should be able to get SDKs from them. You should also be able to get emulators to test your apps with.

---------------------------------
    [size=1](Its just my sig)
    HOWTO ask questions: http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html[/size]