argh! constructor problem

ok, so i'm writing this program with a bunch of external classes and it's going swimmingly.
i'm all ready to compile. the only hitch is that one of the classes a bunch of other classes inherit from
HAS NO CONSTRUCTOR (this was in the program spec, not allowed to add one) but the class that
IT derives from has aconstructor with one parameter. both this class and the class it is derived from
are abstract, most of the others are not. when i compile, it tells me that it's looking for the
constructor for the parent class, but can't find it. not surprising, since it's not there. however, this is a
problem. how do i fix this?

thank you for any help you can give me!
JK

Comments

• Could you post some code please?

: ok, so i'm writing this program with a bunch of external classes and it's going swimmingly.
    : i'm all ready to compile. the only hitch is that one of the classes a bunch of other classes inherit from
    : HAS NO CONSTRUCTOR (this was in the program spec, not allowed to add one) but the class that
    : IT derives from has aconstructor with one parameter. both this class and the class it is derived from
    : are abstract, most of the others are not. when i compile, it tells me that it's looking for the
    : constructor for the parent class, but can't find it. not surprising, since it's not there. however, this is a
    : problem. how do i fix this?
    :
    : thank you for any help you can give me!
    : JK
    :

[italic][blue]Just my 2 bits[/blue][/italic]