terminating applications

hi there ...

i am currently writing a program that should terminate applications.

my problem is, my app terminate the wrong applications.

i use the create process to create the program.

i can use the terminate prosess, but that kills the apps automatically, and i don't want that. the reason for saying this, if i kill them, the onclose or ondestroy events never gets called. don't ask me why, but that is the program.

any suggestions?

regards

Comments

• : hi there ...
    :
    : i am currently writing a program that should terminate applications.
    :
    : my problem is, my app terminate the wrong applications.
    :
    : i use the create process to create the program.
    :
    : i can use the terminate prosess, but that kills the apps automatically, and i don't want that. the reason for saying this, if i kill them, the onclose or ondestroy events never gets called. don't ask me why, but that is the program.
    :
    : any suggestions?
    :
    : regards
    :
    Try sending a WM_EXIT message to the process to be killed. This should terminate the process normally, as if the user had clicked the X-button of the window.

• : : hi there ...
    : :
    : : i am currently writing a program that should terminate applications.
    : : my problem is, my app terminate the wrong applications.
    : : i use the create process to create the program.
    : : i can use the terminate prosess, but that kills the apps automatically, and i don't want that. the reason for saying this, if i kill them, the onclose or ondestroy events never gets called. don't ask me why, but that is the program.
    : : any suggestions?
    : : regards
    : Try sending a WM_EXIT message to the process to be killed. This should terminate the process normally, as if the user had clicked the X-button of the window.
    :
    :
    good morning,

thanks for the reply.

just a quick question, that WM_EXIT, i can't find anything in delphi, and i read that it is a c++ command?

• : : : hi there ...
    : : :
    : : : i am currently writing a program that should terminate applications.
    : : : my problem is, my app terminate the wrong applications.
    : : : i use the create process to create the program.
    : : : i can use the terminate prosess, but that kills the apps automatically, and i don't want that. the reason for saying this, if i kill them, the onclose or ondestroy events never gets called. don't ask me why, but that is the program.
    : : : any suggestions?
    : : : regards
    : : Try sending a WM_EXIT message to the process to be killed. This should terminate the process normally, as if the user had clicked the X-button of the window.
    : good morning,
    :
    : thanks for the reply.
    :
    : just a quick question, that WM_EXIT, i can't find anything in delphi, and i read that it is a c++ command?
    :
    :
    :
    It is one of the standard windows messages. I'm sorry, it is the CM_EXIT message. You can use the SendMessage() procedure to send it.