Help!!! Example of something needed...Class Module

I do not know how to make use of the class module feature in VB. I have a VB 6.0 at home. Can anyone direct me to some page showing examples of how to use it.

I need to understand how to connect the class module to my application. I have a hunch it is for creating objects(?).

Comments

• : I do not know how to make use of the class module feature in VB. I have a VB 6.0 at home. Can anyone direct me to some page showing examples of how to use it.
    :
    : I need to understand how to connect the class module to my application. I have a hunch it is for creating objects(?).
    :

A class module is for creating classes. How to 'connect' them to your form... that's kind of a difficult questions.
    Have you ever designed an application or seen a design for an application? These days it's usually Object Oriented Design. Most of the time there is a diagram there that displays the objects and their relation to eachother. Such an object in the design is a class module in VB.
    That's as close as I can describe it.
    But to clarify a bit, a Form is a class module with a user interface. Same goes for all the controls you put on your form. You can call the controls like: ControlName.Function(Paramaters). This can be extended to include classes so it would be: ClassName.Function(Parameters).
    That being said, a class is also a bunch of related properties and functions grouped together under one name (the class).

Greets...
    Richard

• : : I do not know how to make use of the class module feature in VB. I have a VB 6.0 at home. Can anyone direct me to some page showing examples of how to use it.
    : :
    : : I need to understand how to connect the class module to my application. I have a hunch it is for creating objects(?).
    :
    : A class module is for creating classes.

Technically, I think the original post had it correct. A class module is "used" to create objects (instances).

:-)

[size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]

[code]
    $ select * from users where clue > 0
    no rows returned
    [/code]

• : Technically, I think the original post had it correct. A class module is "used" to create objects (instances).
    :

Isn't the class module used to define a class, from which you can create objects (instances) :-)

Greets...
    Richard

• : : Technically, I think the original post had it correct. A class module is "used" to create objects (instances).
    :
    : Isn't the class module used to define a class, from which you can create objects (instances) :-)
    :
    : Greets...
    : Richard
    :
    :
    Both the class and the instance can be referred to as an object. You can not manipulate those objects until they are instantiated.
  • : : Technically, I think the original post had it correct. A class module is "used" to create objects (instances).
    :
    : Isn't the class module used to define a class, from which you can create objects (instances) :-)

That's what I said :-)

[code]
    no rows returned
    [/code]

• : Both the class and the instance can be referred to as an object. You can not manipulate those objects until they are instantiated.

This may be so in some languages, but I don't believe the statically-compiled COM languages have classes that can be manipulated. Classes in these languages (VB.NET, C#, etc. too) can't be changed at runtime. And they're not instantiated in the typical sense, they're really just "types" of things. To manipulate classes at runtime you need a more dynamic language like Python, Ruby, Perl, etc.

[code]
    no rows returned
    [/code]