VB.Net and Database connection

Hi, I have been database programming in traditional VB for some time but I really paid no attention to VB.NET Now my son is starting into VB.NET and is seeking my help on database connectivity. I looked at the VB.NET development interface and I'll be damned if I can figure out how to place a databound control on a form or even successfully write the connectivity code to open a database successfully. Is there a databound control? Does VB.NET come with it's own Jet type db engine like the resident visdata tool in regular VB? or do you have to have access installed separately??? Any and all assistance appreciated!
John

Comments

• In System.Data library there are objects for OLE and SQL connections. Search the board the there are many examples on how to create connections.

~rlc
  • : In System.Data library there are objects for OLE and SQL connections. Search the board the there are many examples on how to create connections.
    :
    :
    : ~rlc
    :
    MANY THANKS