Perl and Batch files

Hi! Me and my friends are building a shell that are going to work in UNIX. The final part that we want to implement is that it are going to accept batch support - anyone in here who knows that? Internet says very little about that in the language PERL...

/ Thanks / Henric

Comments

• : Hi! Me and my friends are building a shell that are going to work in UNIX. The final part that we want to implement is that it are going to accept batch support - anyone in here who knows that? Internet says very little about that in the language PERL...
    :
    : / Thanks / Henric
    :
    :

In UNIX you use shell scripts, in Windows they are called batch files. Are you saying you are going to write a perl script that converts Windows batch file commands into UNIX shell script commands?

• : : Hi! Me and my friends are building a shell that are going to work in UNIX. The final part that we want to implement is that it are going to accept batch support - anyone in here who knows that? Internet says very little about that in the language PERL...
    : :
    : : / Thanks / Henric
    :
    : In UNIX you use shell scripts, in Windows they are called batch files. Are you saying you are going to write a perl script that converts Windows batch file commands into UNIX shell script commands?
    :
    :
    No they are not going to be converted..just "run " from the shell we have build in Perl...now it just can open programs "fork"...and change directory and so on..The shell are going to check if the user is allowed to run a batchfile and if true then execute it..

• : No they are not going to be converted..just "run " from the shell we have build in Perl...now it just can open programs "fork"...and change directory and so on..The shell are going to check if the user is allowed to run a batchfile and if true then execute it..
    :
    :
    :

I am still not clear on your purpose, but there are several ways to invoke external programs from perl:

system()
    exec()
    qx//
    back tics: ``
    and I believe pipes too

which you use depends on what your are doing, or wanting to do, but maybe that will help you figure which method to use. Some are more secure than others, so read up.