How do I make a program independent from its CD?

As everybody knows, some programs require you to insert the installationb CD to use it, and this can overheat the PC.

My queston is: s there any way to access the main .EXE file and make it independeble from its installation CD?

Comments

• : As everybody knows, some programs require you to insert the installationb CD to use it, and this can overheat the PC.
    :
    : My queston is: s there any way to access the main .EXE file and make it independeble from its installation CD?
    :
    It depends on the program - there may be a crack somewhere on the net for your particular program that will allow it to be run without the CD. That is a modification of the program that bypasses the CD check or something like that - caveat emptor!

Another option is to use a CD drive simulator that allows you to make an image of the CD on your hard drive and run from that image. The program does not 'know' that it is not running from an actual CD drive. I use VirtualDrive from Farstone, but there are others out there. Not all programs allow you to do this, esp games that have some kind of copy protection built into the CD. But there are other products that are better at emulating the copy schemes in virtual disks.

I's suggest some google time to see if there is anything available for your particular program.
  • : As everybody knows, some programs require you to insert the installationb CD to use it, and this can overheat the PC.
    :
    : My queston is: s there any way to access the main .EXE file and make it independeble from its installation CD?
    :
    :It depends on the program - there may be a crack somewhere on the net or your particular program that will allow it to be run without the :CD. That is a modification of the program that bypasses the CD check or something like that - caveat emptor!

Another option is to use a CD drive simulator that allows you to make an image of the CD on your hard drive and run from that image. The program does not 'know' that it is not running from an actual CD drive. I use VirtualDrive from Farstone, but there are others out there. Not all programs allow you to do this, esp games that have some kind of copy protection built into the CD. But there are other products that are better at emulating the copy schemes in virtual disks.

I's suggest some google time to see if there is anything available for your particular program.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't you know any way to do it with some kind of .EXE editor? Because I looked it up, and for one of them, there are no cracks, I was looking for a .EXE editor but so far, all I found requires a high level of skills on Hex or Binary programming.
  • : : As everybody knows, some programs require you to insert the installationb CD to use it, and this can overheat the PC.
    : :
    : : My queston is: s there any way to access the main .EXE file and make it independeble from its installation CD?
    : :
    : :It depends on the program - there may be a crack somewhere on the net or your particular program that will allow it to be run without the :CD. That is a modification of the program that bypasses the CD check or something like that - caveat emptor!
    :
    : Another option is to use a CD drive simulator that allows you to make an image of the CD on your hard drive and run from that image. The program does not 'know' that it is not running from an actual CD drive. I use VirtualDrive from Farstone, but there are others out there. Not all programs allow you to do this, esp games that have some kind of copy protection built into the CD. But there are other products that are better at emulating the copy schemes in virtual disks.
    :
    : I's suggest some google time to see if there is anything available for your particular program.
    :
    : ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    :
    : Don't you know any way to do it with some kind of .EXE editor? Because I looked it up, and for one of them, there are no cracks, I was looking for a .EXE editor but so far, all I found requires a high level of skills on Hex or Binary programming.
    :

The BEST .EXE editor I've seen is OllyDebug.
    http://www.ollydbg.de/
  • :
    : The BEST .EXE editor I've seen is OllyDebug.
    : http://www.ollydbg.de/
    :
    [blue]OllyDbg is amazing, but you also have to know where to look for that CD check. You need to know Assembler. And once you have found the way to crack the check - you need to adjust the EXE properly. Watch out for relocations - addresses patched by loader.[/blue]