microcontroller programming

I have a code for playing song on a speaker, conected to a microcontroller chip, in assembly language.

Can anybody suggest, how can i port that one for my pc.

Thanks and Reagards,
saroj

Comments

• : I have a code for playing song on a speaker, conected to a microcontroller chip, in assembly language.
    :
    : Can anybody suggest, how can i port that one for my pc.
    :
    : Thanks and Reagards,
    : saroj
    :

1) Assembler is not portable.
    2) This is the C/C++ board.
  • : : I have a code for playing song on a speaker, conected to a microcontroller chip, in assembly language.
    : :
    : : Can anybody suggest, how can i port that one for my pc.
    : : Thanks and Reagards,
    : : saroj
    :
    : 1) Assembler is not portable.
    : 2) This is the C/C++ board.
    :

[green]
    Maybe not port but you could write an emulator to do it on a PC but that would probably more work than it's worth.
    [/green]

• [b][red]This message was edited by Gregry2 at 2006-1-20 16:37:36[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : I have a code for playing song on a speaker, conected to a microcontroller chip, in assembly language.
    : : :
    : : : Can anybody suggest, how can i port that one for my pc.
    : : : Thanks and Reagards,
    : : : saroj
    : : 1) Assembler is not portable.
    : : 2) This is the C/C++ board.
    :
    : [green]
    : Maybe not port but you could write an emulator to do it on a PC but that would probably more work than it's worth.[red]you took my green![/red]
    : [/green]
    :

or, you could discipline yourself and rewrite the entire thing in x86 asm parralelling your microcontroller's code, but thats a big effort as well. Not as much as an emulator, but still, hard.

But, if I were you, I'd at least try it. You certainly could learn alot from something like that.
    {2}rIng

• [b][red]This message was edited by stober at 2006-1-20 22:1:51[/red][/b][hr]
    if you are using MS-Windows os, call win32 api PlaySound(). Most of those old assembly programs will not run in MS-Windows os.